“Great fish and chips, amazing beignets”

West Sound Store & Cafe
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Eastsound
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: •Casual Pacific Northwest Restaurant with International Flair•Casual, Innovative, Delicious!•Inviting, Relaxed Atmosphere•Stunning Views of Water, Marina and Islands Beyond•Spirit of Hospitality•Friendly, Attentive and Knowledgeable Staff•A Favorite Island Locals Gathering Place•Committed to Giving Back to our Community
Reviewed 14 June 2016

I loved the Alaskan halibut fish and chips - the fish was so fresh and crispy! My husband had scallops with risotto which was also good and had a delicious sauce. The beer and cider selection was limited but good. And the atmosphere was very casual and intimate, with a wonderful view of Westsound. Our favorite was the beignets for dessert, dusted with powdered sugar and served with rich chocolate. YUM!! My only suggestion would be to offer some bread or rolls instead of corn nuts.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Lovely pub atmosphere, where you'll find many of the locals. They offered gluten free fish ( COD) and chips, so I jumped on it. I ate all of them, so I will have to give them 5 stars on that. The locals seem to love this place and most of the food I saw on tables looked really good. Nice portion sizes and not as expensive as all the other restaurants. Waitstaff very friendly. On the west side of the island.

1  Thank MarinaDallas
Reviewed 17 May 2016

I ordered the fish n chips. They were pretty skimpy and had the absolute worst breading I have ever tasted. It was dark, hard and had something that resembled gravel in the batter. I ordered a Caesar salad (for an extra $9, the fish n chips were $18). It was a disappointment too. Two big chunks of romaine lettuce with a tasteless Caesar dressing. The service was adequate but nothing special. My husband had a very good salad with salmon on it but his entree left a lot to be desired.

1  Thank suevik
Reviewed 3 May 2016

We love the food ,All ages got the food they wanted .Ever thing was well prepared,and served. The Chef came out and we got to thank him for a wonderful meal, Reservations recommended,

Reviewed 1 May 2016

My wife and I had dinner at the West Sound Cafe recently and it was absolutely outstanding. The chef is apparently new as is the menu. The dishes that we had were outstanding!! I would have given it five stars were it not for the fact that the wine list is a bit marginal and we are wine lovers. If you are Orcas this is a great place to try!