“2 very different experiences”
Review of Fino Wine Bar - CLOSED

Fino Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Fino is a cozy and tasteful restaurant overlooking the bay. It is quite nice and they have a large wine selection. The hotel package we booked included a credit at this restaurant for dinner ($100) and included breakfast. So the food at dinner was fine. Nothing great. Sounded really good but kinda missed. The service at dinner was horrible. There is a 20% gratuity added automatically which is what I would tip anyway, but on a $200 bill that's a huge tip for lousy service. We got the impression that it didnt matter since they were being tipped anyway.

Breakfast was however great. The server for breakfast was a young girl and she was great. Very friendly and fun. It was a completely different experience. So the average rating is solely because of the her else wise it would have maybe got a poor.

1  Thank MicJenn

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Fino Wine Bar is in the Chrysalis Hotel and Spa, and whether you sit inside our outside under the wisteria arbor on a warm day, the views are world class. The interior is upscale and elegant, but never stuffy or pretentious. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is very nice -- I've always enjoyed everything I've ordered, and the servers will answer your questions about menu choices in a very helpful way.

1  Thank Diamondqueen
Reviewed 24 October 2011

If you stay at the Chrysalis Hotel adding the breakfast buffet at Fino is a must at only $5 per person!!

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Friends treated my husband and I to dinner here during our visit to Washington. What a treat! The aperitif selections was long and enticing as were the dinner choices. My husband's scallops were perfect and my vegetarian plate was everything I could have asked for (beautifully presented with good protein and other delicious veggies). The chef here has some great stuff up his or her sleeve!

Reviewed 14 September 2011

On a recent trip to Bellingham, we discovered the historic Fairhaven section along the Bay, and found a lot to like. As we decided to stay in Chrysalis Spa and Hotel (see review) we walked into the Fino Wine Bar just off the Chrysalis lobby.
Once inside we were met by the manager, who took us under his wing, for a wonder luncheon adventure. Seated out on the gorgeous deck overlooking the Bellingham Bay, in luxurious surroundings, we asked “our” manager to make his recommendations for our late lunch.
We were presented with a chicken pate and pork terrine for starters, accompanied by a pinot gris for my taste, and a tempernillo for my wife’s differing taste. Complete with cornichon, grey poupon, and toasted bread points, this was a great start to the afternoon.
Our manager, and his server, were very knowledgeable and chatty about the menu, the foods, and the wines. We were next served a beet salad which my wife a beet lover declared to be devine, and I was treated to a bouillabaisse which was out of this world. This course was accompanied by a finely tuned sour dough bread basket. Our wines served these selections well, so why change a good thing?
Following this delight we further luxuriated on the shaded deck and enjoyed a cappuccino, as we are not desert people; but to our enjoyment they brought us some exquisite biscotti, just in case we made an exception which we did.
Four nights later we returned for dinner, this time seated at a view window and enjoyed again the wonderful food and service. We followed up the next morning with their buffet, offered for $5 to hotel guests which featured eggs, bacon/sausage, home made breads, fruits, yogurts, and the usual beverages. Our server brought us a pair of binoculars as he saw us surveying the sailboat regatta in progress in the Bay below us.
Overall – we loved this place. The cost, not unreasonable; the experience, memorable.
Thank you to the Fino.