“Best Burger in Bellingham” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fiamma Burger
Ranked #38 of 440 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Best Burger in Bellingham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I don't eat red meat, so I was hesitant when my dad insisted my family go here. He is, after all, a meat and potatoes kind of guy. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Their selection is quite extensive. They have bison burgers, salmon burgers, veggie burgers, chicken burgers, and more besides just beef. All of which are grass-fed and semi-local and all that good stuff. I get the salmon burger every time now, because I'm hooked. They make the patty in house, which makes it so much better. They also put all of their burgers on kaiser rolls, which is just about heaven. I get the sweet potato fries, which are some of the best I've ever had, and are served with a special sauce on the side. They also have a funky selection of organic/natural/different drinks and beers which is kind of fun. Worth a try if you love burgers.

• Visited August 2011

Vancouver, BC
“Fabulous and Saucy Fiamma Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The last stop on a week long road trip is always a little dull. Too excited for home, tired of eating out, and exhausted for a long drive always makes that last stop for fuel the hardest.
This stop turned out to be great. We pulled into Bellingham looking for gas for the car and food for us. We found the Shell first then drove around cursing Serena (the GPS) while looking for a good looking restaurant. That's when we saw it, Fiamma Burger. Well, at first we only saw Burger, which is painted in huge letters on the upper half of the restaurant front.

The inside is very welcoming. It's walls are two-tone wood with a cafeteria style seating area. The menu seemed a little complex so I just ordered a burger, then changed my mind. I've sworn to save the Bison by increasing their popularity by eating Bison burgers. It's a worthy cause. The server was very friendly and forgiving. Dave ordered the Lamb burger and sweet potato fries.

After ordering we picked out three sauces (which they promote of the wall in a cute poster exclaiming that they are saucy), Spicy Mustard, Curry Mayo, BBQ.
Our food came quickly and was delicious! It was juicy and saucy and loaded with everything you could want out of a homemade burger! It was such a good burger we made it all the way through Canada customs and home without incident. Which proves that burgers save lives, Bison burger doubly so.

• Visited February 2012
“Tasty but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

The burgers are tasty, but not spectacular. They're not worth the premium price for the amount of food you get.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Usa
“Delicious burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Way to go Bellingham! Great burger joint for those who don't like typical burgers. Lots of options: bison, salmon, turkey, veggie... you name it. Plus the sweet potato fries... yum! Must get those.

• Visited May 2011
Tacoma, Washington
“Great experience! Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Well, I am from Indiana, and I visited Bellingham for the first time last January. I was only there for a couple days, so I didn't have time to try Fiamma Burger, but I saw the billboard and told my boyfriend I wanted to eat there if we ever went back. As it happens, we planned a long road trip from San Francisco up to Vancouver, BC this past June. We didn't need to get off the interstate in Bellingham, but I asked my boyfriend if we could stop to try Fiamma Burger for lunch. I used his Droid phone to check out the reviews to see if it was worth taking the extra time to go through Bellingham instead of continuing on to Vancouver. The reviews were so mixed, and many of them were very unfavorable, but because there were some good ones, too, we decided to try it out.

I ordered the lamb burger exactly as it comes. My boyfriend ordered the elk burger, but he had the cooks put the usual lettuce, tomato, etc. on his. We also ordered onion rings and fries just to see what they were like.

The ambience of the place is very different, and my lamb burger was out of this world. I loved it. My boyfriend found the elk burger to be very high quality, as well. The onion rings were very good, but be prepared for a different, more herb-like flavor than what you are used to. The fries were nothing special. They were fine.

I did not feel Fiamma Burger was overpriced, because I thought my lamb burger was so good that it could be served in a gourmet restaurant. I am not kidding. My favorite restaurant in Indianapolis would not be embarrassed to have that burger on its menu.

So, would I eat there again? Definitely. If you like really good, gourmet food...and like burgers...I think you can find something that will make your mouth water. If I ever make it back again, I think I am going to try the veggie burger. I bet it is amazing...

• Visited June 2011