All reviews window seat train noise bellingham bay view room bay window soaking tub provide ear plugs fish tacos gas fireplace hear trains beautiful view of the bay water view beautiful hotel pacific northwest san juan islands living room woods coffee
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I have been to the Chrysalis on several occasions and always had a fantastic experience. That being said, I booked massages and facials for my daughter and myself on Monday, February 19th. We arrived early to enjoy the steam and tea room. Started with facials that were really great. Then came the massages.... Has anyone ever booked a 90-minute massage and literally got up halfway through because it was that terrible? My massage was that bad, halfway through, I just told her to stop, that it was the worst "massage" (if you could even call it that) ever. My therapist was Chelsea and because of her awful service, I will no longer be a Chrysalis fan. Although the spa credited me $75.00(half the cost) they should have removed the entire 90-minute massage charges. Their spa director called me this afternoon 6 days after our visit. Her thoughts were that "well sometimes the therapists and clients just aren't right for each other." Seriously, you must be joking Sandy.... The Chrysalis should know better than that.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris S, Director of Sales at The Chrysalis Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hi Barbara,
We regret that your massage experience was not up to your expectations, but do fully support your decision to not return. Every therapist has a little bit different technique so it sounds like you just didn't prefer Chelsea's methods, especially since during your past massages here at The Chrysalis you said you've had fantastic experiences. Chelsea has worked for us for 5 years and is one of our most requested therapists.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I’m writing this at 2:30am because it’s impossible for me to sleep with all the constant train noise. I did contact the front desk when I realized how often/loud the train was but that wasn’t until about 12am, so totally understandable that I haven’t gotten a response back. However, this is a very charming room/hotel! I LOVE the cozy window seat and stunning view. The bathtub is very relaxing and the fireplace makes this room very inviting (full view room). The bed could be more comfortable but overall it’s a nice room. The location is great! I really enjoyed the restaurant and staff as well. The food is delicious so that’s a must if you stay here. Also, do yourself a favor and eat the coconut & pecan popcorn. One more thing, I would recommend staying on the top floor to avoid more noise. I can literally hear the upstairs guest stomping around and anytime they turn on the water. Overall this is a charming place if you can get past the train noise.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Kcaiafa,
Thank you for your mostly kind review of our hotel and restaurant. That train noise is definitely an issue for some light sleepers so I would encourage you to give us another try and ask for a white noise machine or fan for your room to help lessen the outside noise. Partial view rooms that are farther away from the water tend to be quieter too. The good news is we just received word from the city that a "quiet zone" for the trains has been created in the Fairhaven area so by this time next year, no train will be allowed to blow their whistle as they go past the railroad crossings!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

There's much to like here...beautiful room with luxurious surroundings. While the weather was gray, the hotel is warm and inviting. There's a spa with massages for the wife and a bar for me. The restaurant has great food and decent prices. There's plenty to do in the city.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris S, Director of Sales at The Chrysalis Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi Richard,
So glad you enjoyed our hotel, spa, and restaurant! We appreciate your kind review of our warm, welcoming atmosphere and hope next time you visit, you'll be game to try the spa too!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We very much are enjoying our stay here. Rooms and view are great. And so close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Very relaxing just taking in the views of the ocean. Layouts of the room is great. Large tub is amazing

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi James and Cindy,
Thank you so much for staying with us and enjoying the many amenities our hotel and the Fairhaven area has to offer! Come back sometime during the week of March 5-11 for Fairhaven Food Fest and try out our Keenan's at the Pier restaurant specials and many others!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This is a lovely spot, comfortable rooms, great views and even the train adds a bit of personality. What could have been "unfun" was turned into a super experience due to the high quality of customer support exhibited by the staff. We arrived and checked into a water view king room that was lovely - until we realized that there was a constant "drone" from something mechanical directly above. We asked to have it investigated and not only did they check it our, they concurred that it was not acceptable and offered to move us to a new, and upgraded, room. We were made to feel important and respected which can be rare these days! The new room was wonderful and I will definitely visit again!

Room tip: The waterview rooms overlook the railline, I enjoyed the sound of passing trains and with window seats to relax in, the view is spectacular!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuannMC
Chris S, Director of Sales at The Chrysalis Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Hi Luann,
Thank you for the lovely review! Yes, sometimes uncontrollable things happen and we always appreciate it when guests bring it to our attention while they are here so we can remedy the situation. So glad you enjoyed the upgrade and that we were able to keep your stay from being "unfun." See you again soon!