All reviews lighthouse suite lighthouse bar bellingham bay jetted tub putting green executive plaza water view gas fireplace nice balcony water front hotel restaurant san juan islands separate shower happy hour underground parking romantic weekend nice dinner
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed there 3 nights. The ambiance is that of a gracious boutique hotel. The employees from the receptionist, wait staff and maid service were genuinely nice and extremely helpful! We had Thanksgiving dinner there and it was great! The Water views were terrific! I️ will definitely stay there again and highly recommend it!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Nancy R,

Thank you for your recommendation! Thanksgiving this year at Hotel Bellwether was a great success and I am touched that we could be a part of your Holiday celebration. Keep us in mind for Christmas, Mother's Day or Easter as we host our gourmet buffet events four times a year!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Bellwether front desk managers Kate and Kevin were fantastic hosts and helped my wife at a time when our former hotel was less than satisfactory. The corner suite they found for us was expertly designed and the decor was exceptional. The deck overlooked the harbor and yacht club and offered a sensational vantage point for the sunset. Parking is easy and there are numerous restaurants within walking distance on a pathway along the harbor. The Bellwether also has great food and bar facilities. The Bellwether is now our go- to hotel on our way to Vancouver, BC.

Room Tip: The corner suites are a terrific value and all the rooms are quiet.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zkraut

Dear zkraut,

I'm truly touched to read this review! I will make sure Kate hear's your kind words of praise. Kate and I work hard to ensure our guests feel welcomed and receive VIP treatment. I hope we have the honor of welcoming you back to Hotel Bellwether on your ext trip to B.C.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate to stay in the Lighthouse room. What a tremendous view from the top, and views of the bay from all levels. Very nice and comfy furniture and nice fixtures. Really comfortable. Starbucks coffee in the room and a nice bar area. Unfortunately there were lots of tiny ants that got into cookies that we left on the counter overnight. Boo. We stayed on the pull out sofa which was surprisingly comfortable too. Good restaurants in walking distance and a nice path to walk on around the marina, and two minutes from downtown restaurants too. It’s our second stay here and we would certainly not hesitate to return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

DearLeoTheo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our TripAdvisor readers. The view from atop of our Lighthouse Suite is unmatched in town! So happy you were able to kick back and relax in Luxury during your time by the Bay. I hope to welcome you again on a future stay!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the hotel. We stayed in the Island Suite, which featured a gorgeous view of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands. The room was very comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the hotel restaurant. The staff was incredibly friendly and courteous. We'll definitely be back and highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a first-rate hotel experience.

Room Tip: Water view rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear Mike S,

I am truly honored we could be a part of your special Anniversary celebration. Our restaurant has recently launched our new Dinner menu we would love to invite you back in the near future to taste the culinary creations of our talented Head Chef, Michael Grogan. I hope I can say hello on your next visit to Hotel Bellwether!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Great place for quick getaway. Stayed at owners suite, view were great and quiet. Staffs are friendly. Only downside is WiFi is almost nonexistent due to poor signal even after the reset.

Enjoyed the complimentary fruit platter which is nice of them. Breakfast in room was a delight with view.

Defiantly a great hotel, I would have given 5/5 if internet works, luckily I had my travel sim with me.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Rik C,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your stay. The view from the Owner's Suite is my absolute favorite! So glad you were able to kick back and enjoy a taste of luxury by Bellingham Bay. I also appreciate the notes on the WiFi situation during your stay -we will have this issue addressed promptly by our IT team so our future guests may make use of our complimentary WiFi.