“Budget stay for long period” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Jalandhar
“Budget stay for long period”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 months to complete the onsite project in Seattle. it is very good location amid in Nature and very near to Microsoft Campus.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are better, you will get sun and light as well.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank sankath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Redmond, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend and it was clean, quiet, comfortable and met all my needs. Even included a nice kitchen which I didn't really need but the refrigerator was nice for water and soda. Very centrally located for what I wanted. I will stay here again. Don't know what other folks were expecting, but I found this hotel to be very nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank BunnySue
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

People need to realize that this is a discount hotel. We paid a super cheap price and considering this, the hotel was fine. Don't expect the ammenities of a Westin when you're only paying 1/3 the price!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JC B
Bellevue, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

The hotel let me check in 2 hours early, and called me several hours later to ask if I was satisfied with the room and if there was anything else I required, then let me have late check-out at the end of my stay when a business call ran past check-out time. So, service-wise, for its star rating, no complaints. They may even be making a concerted effort to live down the comments in some of the reviews. Front desk staff were uniformly friendly and I appreciated that.

I'd rate the hotel as much cleaner than average for its star level, though with small imperfections like a slight burn in the bathroom sink that could only be addressed with a renovation. I did not experience any problems with dust or a musty/smoky smell, as I often do in hotels of this star level. I have allergies, so I notice these things in the air and on linens if they're there. I did not use the kitchen facilities, so I can't review those except to say that a full size fridge that would hold a 2-liter bottle of soda standing up was a welcome change from the usual mini-bar fridge. I liked the firmness of the bed. However, I'll echo another reviewer's comments about the bed being somewhat noisy when getting up or moving around a lot (glad I was there alone).

A reviewer compared this hotel to a roadside motel. While it is not a Marriott or Hilton, it is also definitely not an I-95 Holiday Inn as seen in the 1970's, for example, nor a "Motel 6". The one thing that might make it seem "roadside motel" like is that each room has an outdoor entrance (think "front door to your flat") and along the front of each building is parking. So you can get that "headlights shining into your room" effect at night if you don't have the drapes closed. For comparison, 8-9 years ago I paid more for a "real" roadside motel (a Travelodge, specifically) in Downtown Bellevue than I paid for my stay here in 2011, and the Homestead property was MUCH nicer and well-kept than that one (now torn down) was.

The published rates are largely what they are because of the outstanding convenience to a certain Redmond major employer, to the extent that a front desk clerk once answered the phone, "Homestead Village (employer name)". The property may be available at lower rates that make it a tremendous value, if you know where to look or if you book for a long length of stay.

I'm guessing that they estimate that one large market segment is tech geeks because the room contained plenty of power outlets for gadgets including one empty outlet next to the bed (phone) and two by the front window as well as others in the kitchen area. TV was probably a 32" (that's just a guess from memory), plenty of channels were available, and the channels present were clear.

My room was on the first floor, so I appreciated that the window had an intermediate locking position that left it open several inches, but did not allow it to be opened further without holding in a small latch that would not be easily reached by someone outside.

Currently living in Australia, I'm used to paying more and getting much less, so I was highly satisfied with the value I perceived for the rate I paid at this hotel. Based on this one experience, I would definitely stay here again when in the area due to That Employer and funding my own lodging or expecting to spend a lot of time at that employer's offices and wanting to minimize commute times.

Wi-fi is supposedly $4.99 for the length of your stay, with premium pricing for a faster speed connection. I used wi-fi on 2 laptops, and was not charged the fee. The connection met my expectations for simple browsing and email access. Even at the lower pricing tier, it seemed "fast enough" - ie, I never sat there thinking it was slow.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Allen, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Stayed here under different management years ago and found it to be a
rather nice inexpensive motel. Booked it for about a week recently but
left after one night. The beds make a horrible crunching sound so loud
it kept one of us awake if the other moves in bed. The shelves were
dirty with food, the refrigerator had someone's left over food in it.
There were blood stains on the bedspread, and small curly hairs on the
bathroom sink. The floor was dusty and it appeared as though the
carpet under the bed had not be cleaned for years.

The clothes rod was installed so high I couldn't reach it. The
selection of TV channels was pitiful. The only good thing I can say
about it is that the grounds were nicely kept and the rooms were
convenient to the car. The only reason to stay here is because you
have business with Microsoft. The location makes it pricey for the low
quality that you get.

If you don't mind paying high prices to live like a broke college
student, then this could work for you.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
1.2 km away
4.2 km away
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond? Share your experiences!