“Best French Onion Soup Around....”
Review of Restaurant Marche

Restaurant Marche
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We had a lovely lunch on a rainy Saturday celebrating my birthday. The French Onion soup is amazing here. If you are looking for a reasonable lunch this is probably not your place. If you are looking for great service and great food, this is your place.

1  Thank TheTravelHawks

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We joined friends for dinner at Restaurant Marche and had a delightful time. The food was artfully plated and od excellent quality. I thought the menu was a bit limited and it was also a bit pricey. I had an excellent cauliflower soup and a fresh and tasty salad. My husband really enjoyed the Cassolet. We would both eat there again.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Great wine choices beautiful food

Truly great meal

Salmon was perfect

Sat at chefs bar and engaged with the chefs

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Greg Atkinson loves fresh local food and it shows! I love their five vegetables five ways dinner, it is always interesting and perfect! All the selections are great, I just think that a great way to discern the quality of a restaurant is to see how they do vegetables. If they are done well everything else will be great, too. I am so glad we have this place on Bainbridge Island. They have a lovely selection of wines, too. This place is better than going to Seattle for dinner! (or lunch!)

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank gilbertthomes
Reviewed 12 September 2016

My husband and I had a reservation at 6:00. When we arrived on time, the hostess gave us the worst table, even though there were plenty of other tables available. We asked for a better table and she moved us in a few minutes with an unpleasant reaction. FYI, the restaurant had a few tables unoccupied the whole time we were there. Therefore, I don't know what the hostess' problem was!

Overall, an average (and overpriced) meal with slow service. We had much better lamb and duck breast elsewhere, in New Zealand, Thailand, or even here in the U.S.

The biggest drawback was that the front door right next to the main dining area stayed opened the whole time, even when the weather was not even hot. The doors allowed flies into the dining area. Many people (including us) had to keep fanning the flies away with their hands while trying to eat. The table next to us even had a fly fall into his wine!

Given the fancy and pricey menu, we honestly expected more!

Date of visit: September 2016