1,110 results
All reviews highway side luray caverns road noise pool and hot tub room facing a great stay oatmeal breakfast was excellent front desk staff local restaurants cracker barrel breakfast staff very nice hotel complimentary breakfast fitness center definitely stay here again the breakfast area
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This is easily the nicest Hampton we have stayed in. Great front desk staff even with one person in training. The facility is very well maintained, great fitness center and pool area. The breakfast was nice and the cookies in the afternoon were a welcome treat, as well as tea, coffee and hot chocalate. The suites were large and comfortable. The experience rivaled many Hilton Hotels we have stayed with. Great experience and the best use of my Hilton Honors points to date.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We spent the day hiking in George Washington National Forest. What began as a warm day quickly turned into a cold, windy and rainy hike. We completed our planned hike and were impressed with the views. But we were chilled to the bone.

From Wolf Gap Recreation Area to the Hampton Inn and Suites Woodstock was about a 15 minute drive. We were checked in quickly and given information regarding local restaurants for dinner.

Our room was huge! We had a king size bed. Everything was clean. I took a much needed hot shower before meeting my friends in the hot tub. The hot tub and pool area was also clean and there were plenty of towels. When we were leaving the pool area, we stopped for some peanut butter cookies that my friends enjoyed. I'm allergic to peanuts, but according to them, they were delicious!

Overall, this hotel met and exceeded our expectations. The staff was so friendly, clean room and facilities.

Thank you Hampton Inn and Suites for making our weekend getaway exactly what we hoped for!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Stayed here while house hunting in the Woodstock area. Used the digital on-line tool to select room (top floor/away from freeway)...room was quite. Breakfast was a little lite on Sunday, but everything (Eggs, Meat, Fruit, etc) the remainder of week. Did not have time to use pool or fitness center.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Generally, this was an average Hampton Inn, which is pretty good - Clean, attractive, secure, and a pleasant staff.
The first criticism is something they can't really help. Our room was no more than 100 yards from a busy Interstate, so it wasn't especially quiet.
The heat/AC unit was one of the loudest I've ever slept next to. At least it seemed to moderate the highway noise, and we barely noticed any sounds from adjoining pet-friendly rooms.
The room carpet had a couple of gouges in it. Maybe this was recent damage, but they should know that carpet can be patched/repaired so guests don't feel they are in a discount motel.
The toilet seat required either dexterity or careful balancing to keep it from falling. I don't feel like playing games with a toilet seat in the middle of the night.
Finally, luggage carts were left jammed into one of the two accesses to the dining area. Unsafe. inconvenient, and something that the desk clerk should have noticed and resolved as he stood less than 20' away. There was space in the foyer for the carts.
I know this may seem nit-picky, but Hampton Inns are generally a reliable standard of for a nearly flawless stay. One glitch is OK but, by the third or fourth glitch, you feel like you may have found the Hampton Inn that just doesn't care as much as the others.
Anyway, it's pet-friendly and in a good location for our road-trip overnights, so we probably won't go to great lengths to avoid a future stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd-numbered room - on the side of the hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Stephanie Z, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Dear HowInBubba,

On behalf of Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock, please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to provide you with the highest standard of hospitality to which you are accustomed to receiving. We genuinely regret the inconvenience we have caused you and your family during the stay. We cannot undo the past, but if your travels ever bring you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock, please allow us to show you a level of service more indicative of our high standards. Thank you for being a valued guest.

Stephanie Zayhowski
Director of Sales

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and clean. That's why I had no reason to think I would walk into my room and be met with such an awful mildew/moldy smell--very bad (yes I should've asked for another room, but the drive from Tennessee had me very tired). It was comparable to sleeping in an 1920's attic or cellar. This would have been a perfect stay if not for the smell--even with the highway noise. Very roomy, clean and good decor. Bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept it, but it was okay for one night. I would never stay here again--only because of the smell. If you have allergies or are sensitive to smells, do not stay in room 328.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple