“Very good beer, otherwise pretty standard”
Review of Ornery Beer Company - CLOSED

Ornery Beer Company
Reviewed 2 February 2018

My husband very much enjoyed all the beers he tried (he had the flight - an excellent option if you haven't been here before). His favorite was the Belgian Golden, but he liked several others, as well.

I had the jambalaya pasta (very good), Hubby had the ribeye sandwich (average), and we had the fried pickles to start. A word about the pickles - the dip was excellent, the fry on the pickles was very good, but the pickles have distinctive whiff of allspice that clashes with the dip.

The service was average, the atmosphere friendly and laid back.

Prices for entrees are pretty steep - the two of us spent about $50 on food alone for the appetizer and a pasta dish and a sandwich. There's a lot of nickle-and-diming (the pasta is stand-alone, no salad or bread or anything similar, for burgers you pay extra for cheese, bacon, etc.). The beer is a decent value, though - the flight is $12 and has 6 4-oz servings.

I'd say this is very much an after-work get-together-with-friends-for-a-beer kind of place, and good for that. If you're having appetizers and beer, it's a great choice for the area and has a good atmosphere. The bar layout is really excellent if you have a large group and want to socialize.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

She had the shrimp and grits and loved it. I had fish and chips. The batter is great but one of the fish was not fully cooked and the batter was doughy. Otherwise, the fish chunks are a great size and tasted great!
Thier fries are top notch too and the cole slaw is awesome, just needs to be a bigger portion.
My chief complaint come from the fact they only have one Adult beer on the list, Lucky 13 at 9.25% alc. It is absolutely delicious but they only serve it in kid sized glasses, you can't have a pint! If you want a pint, you are stuck with kid beers. Unsatisfactory I say. Especially when the Lucky 13 is so good.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have visited many times, each time impressed by the food variety and quality, the atmosphere is American pub and sports bar, the service is friendly and attentive

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

So big, plenty of space and not that loud. Gray beer and food, Darts and other games, one corner is like a super large basement couch seating for 20.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We arrived shortly before 5 pm on a Thursday night. There were perhaps a dozen patrons, almost all of which were at the bar. We were seated and waited upon quickly. My wife’s draft root beer was very flavorful. I got a flight of 6 of their beers most of which were interesting; the OrneryFest was my favorite. For an appetizer we shared the duck confit poutine that was more than enough for two, though it was heavy and bland. My wife’s Cuban sandwich had lots of pork but needed more ham. The southwestern salad I received was a bit small and wilted due to a heavy application of dressing. Our bill was just under $70 once the tip was added in, and we intentionally left most of the food and beer on the table.

1  Thank David P