“I should have had the pizza, but the breadsticks were very good”
Review of Roma's Pizzeria II

Roma's Pizzeria II
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Wise
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 June 2021

I was hungry and ordered the meatballs and cheese. I knew I'd be eating a lot of breadsticks (delicious!) so I skipped the pasta. The meatballs and sauce were good, but the cheese was not to my personal preference (less stretchy please). Also had cheese on the salad and that was delicious, even if the rest of the salad was basically lettuce and a few bits of cucumber and tomato. Everybody at our table had different salad dressings and everybody raved at how good they were. Overall the meal was very good and we all enjoyed it. But nobody ordered the pizza and I feel like I may have missed out on an excellent pizza.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed 1 July 2019

Visited here with business associates during the RAM event in Wise. A variety of pasta dishes was ordered. The salad consisted of lettuce, peeled cucumber slices and one tommy toe tomato cut in half. I ordered the ranch dressing and it was very runny. The bread sticks are good but need butter and garlic on them, as they are served five or six attached and dry. I ordered the Fettucine Alfredo with chicken. It was served luke warm and the cream sauce was runny in the bottom of the plate/bowl. I would not go back.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

I've been dining at Romano's off and on for years now. I've panned them in reviews at times and praised them at others. Never a dull moment. When the order is right, the meals are hard to beat. But they seem to be always in a state of flux. Staff changes, management changes. This last visit, the order was wrong...twice, but we weren't in any kind of hurry, so we waited patiently. The staff seemed to be trying hard to please, so we weren't critical. I'll keep coming back and hoping they can reach a point of normalcy at some time. I spoke to Signore Romano by accident when I called the restaurant a while back. I voiced my concerns and he apologized for his staff's inexperience and attentiveness. He assured me that things would improve. He replaces servers frequently. I don't know the reason. That could be on of the issues. Still, it's the best Italian in Southwest Virginia.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 26 December 2018

Order at counter. Wait staff brings or calls you to pick up your order. The two times that we have dined here were pizzas which we enjoyed. Family atmosphere. Moderately priced.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Roma’s has excellent Italian food. Pizzas are made with homemade dough. My favorites is the grilled chicken salad with homemade bread. My next favorite is their manicotti which comes in two sizes. Not fancy but has a diner feel to it. Wait staff is always friendly but sometimes overburdened.

Date of visit: November 2018