“Terrible service, wait time, and cleanliness.”

China Garden Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Wise
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 February 2020

This restaurant has really went down hill. I would also like to mention that I have waited tables before and managed a restaurant, so I know what I’m talking about. First of all, they need to deep clean the restaurant and bathrooms. Many other people in the county have also complained about the service, prices, and cleanliness of the restaurant. The restaurant doesn’t look like it has been cleaned in several years. The price of the food is overpriced for a Chinese restaurant located in Wise County. Secondly, they need to hire some better qualified waitresses with experience or train them better. I walked into the restaurant holding a two year old, and I had to ask for a hi-chair. The waitress pointed to the hi-chairs and told me to get it myself. We were the only customers for about 20 minutes after being seated. Four other families came into the restaurant after we ordered our food. The waitress brought out two trays of food to the other customers who had arrived at the restaurant 20 to 30 mins later than us. I finally went and asked about our food after waiting one hour. The other waitress at the cash register said, “she didn’t have a clue about my food and stated that she wasn’t even my waitress.” Then, she started laughing and mocking me to another customer at the cash register. Very unprofessional attitude and she was dressed inappropriate for her type of job. My waitress finally told me that my food would be coming out and stated that she was very busy. She never apologized for the delay on our order of food. I asked about the other customers getting their food before us and she claimed the food items were only appetizers. I asked my waitress if I could speak to the manager and she wouldn’t let me talk to her. I told both waitresses that the service and wait time was inappropriate. One of the waitresses replied by saying “don’t fall down on your way out.” After being a customer there for years, I will not be returning.”

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

I am really surprised,I am Asian so I am really picky for Asian food . I drink hot sour soup was best I ever drink. And appetite plater came with fire grill that you can warm up

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 25 June 2019

My husband ordered some food for me to pick up. When I went inside the place was run down and filthy. I should have cancelled my order, but I'm shy and couldn't bring myself to do it. When we got the food it tasted a bit funny and the rice was old. Yuck.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 19 March 2019

Some of the best Chinese food I have ever eaten, and I have eaten alot.....but we need to spend some money updating our facility and cleaning....

Still the best tasting Chinese food I have had....but...give me some reassurance the the place is clean by upgrading the facility..

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

This place has amazing food. It is a little pricey though but worth it. Has large portions so you usually end up with enough to take home for another meal. The house special shrimp(spicy is best), happy family, veggie lo mien, honey beef and their egg rolls are amazing!!! Do yourself a favor and order it to go. The cleanliness here is questionable. General cleanliness (tables & floors) is ok but the ceiling, decorations, walls and corners are gross.
They have a small buffet on Sunday til 3 I think.

Date of visit: January 2019