“BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS!!”

China Garden Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Wise
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 January 2019

I have enjoyed China Garden for years. It gets some bad reviews at times but I have never had an issue. I have tried many dishes there and have never been disappointed. The egg rolls are the best! I have been to many different Chinese restaurants in many states and not one could match the egg rolls at China Garden. You can make a meal out of them.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

It seemed a bit strange to me seeing only caucasians working in a chinese restaurant. Only a blonde woman and a brown-headed lady were taking and delivering orders, no chinese in sight, unless they were in the back kitchen preparing the food.

The $5.25 lunch special is a joke. I ordered a sweet-n-sour chicken from the menu and the nothing comes with the chicken at all. The options are a choice of brown rice (no pork or chicken fried rice) or soup. There is not even an eggroll included. Plus, they're very stingy with the soy sauce. They only give you 2 packs of it and they pour the sweet-n-sour sauce all over the chicken for you instead of putting it on the side. The food tastes very good though but the portion size is small for the price you pay. They need to do better.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

My favorite is Cheng tu beef, this is only Chinese restaurant that has it that I have been to. Also, they have the very best egg rolls, I have been told that they make them fresh at least once per week. The egg drop soup is delicious.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

There is a good variety of Chinese food which is quite good. The food on the buffet is abundant and tasty. They have a pick yourself from sea food and they will prepare it for you. The time in line can be lengthy. They also prepare steaks the same way.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018

My family always looks for someplace we've never been, and China Garden is nearly hidden in the strip center with Peebles and Tractor Supply as bookends. The interior is not remarkable, but we didn't expect lavish. We were greeted by a voice from the back counter, "Just sit anywhere!" As more customers came in, we found that this was the standard greeting.

A waiter came out immediately. Drinks arrived quickly, and once we ordered, our meals arrived in record time for a Chinese restaurant. Everything was good. The egg rolls were spectacular - the largest I have ever seen.

The only drawback was lack of refills. My companions normally don't need them, and I was eating light, so the staff did not offer any, which is a little unusual.

The prices are a bit higher than the fast food diners in the area, but the servings were large enough to require a take-home box, so we really bought tomorrow's dinner also. Overall, worth a return visit.

Date of visit: December 2017