“Worth a visit”

China Garden Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Wise
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 January 2018

My family always looks for someplace we've never been, and China Garden is nearly hidden in the strip center with Peebles and Tractor Supply as bookends. The interior is not remarkable, but we didn't expect lavish. We were greeted by a voice from the back counter, "Just sit anywhere!" As more customers came in, we found that this was the standard greeting.

A waiter came out immediately. Drinks arrived quickly, and once we ordered, our meals arrived in record time for a Chinese restaurant. Everything was good. The egg rolls were spectacular - the largest I have ever seen.

The only drawback was lack of refills. My companions normally don't need them, and I was eating light, so the staff did not offer any, which is a little unusual.

The prices are a bit higher than the fast food diners in the area, but the servings were large enough to require a take-home box, so we really bought tomorrow's dinner also. Overall, worth a return visit.

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Every time we go to wise me and my family eat here we love this place iv had about every thing on the menu and the san sin warba is probably my favorite dish its a little pricy but the food is great. Stay clear of the restroom iv never went in to the restrooms there and they be clean they are disgusting and don't tell the major he is very rude but the staff is very friendly.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I've tried multiple menu items from this restaurant, and nearly all of them are lackluster, greasy, and bad. The waitresses are usually not very attentive. The only saving grace of the restaurant are the spring rolls, which are astounding compared to the rest of the menu.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank coreyf611
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Friendly staff, great food. If you have not been here you have to try it. Food is always hot and delicious.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2015

The inside is VERY tired, however it was clean and my server was punctual. I ordered Sesame Chicken, which was non-breaded chicken pieces cooked with onions and sprinkled with sesame seeds, a side of rice and a cabbage (I think) salad. The chicken was mostly bland in flavor, but it didnt taste frozen. The onions were cooked right and tasty. They do not offer sweet tea, only unsweet. The portion size was nice, but even though it was an evening meal, it was WAY over priced. After leaving a minimal tip, I was still out over 18 bucks, for basically a slightly less than average fast food meal. I gave it a "2" because the food was very edible and the server took care of her customers. Dont think I will be returning to this one....

Date of visit: January 2015