All reviews courtyard marriott front desk marriott brand nice lobby minute drive next morning staff was friendly comfortable beds one night stay up to date bistro walmart applebees refrigerator highway computers marriotts
Reviewed 23 December 2016

We arrived to find that we were upgraded to a king suite. My husband was picked the Elite Customer for the day. This is something they do everyday, pick an elite customer for the day. Our suite was great, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The room was twice the size a normal room. It was two rooms extremely well laid out with two TVs in each room. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Can't complain about anything perfect small hotel. Wonderful pool and hot tub indoors. Starbucks diner and friendly staff. Room TV has plenty of cable channels. All rooms are good. Easy access from I-81

Trip type: Travelled with family
jose h, General Manager at Courtyard Winchester Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear lfaust2016,

Courtyard by Marriott Winchester Medical Center and the entire staff would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to know that your stay with us was up to your expectations and you were able to enjoy all of our amenities and services.
Again, thank you for your loyalty we hope that you will keep us in mind next time travels brings you back to Winchester Virginia.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I depended on trip advisor reviews for this stay and I did not have a good experience here therefore I don't get the great reviews?? The coldest night of the year and the heater did not work in the room. I checked in at 10pm after a long day of work, travel, meetings and more travel. The last thing I wanted to deal with was problems at a hotel. I overheard the front desk gal tell a customer they over sold the hotel therefore changing rooms was not an option. Plus I kept thinking the room would warm up at some point. At 1am I called the front desk bc the cold won and my sleeping lost the battle...nothing was resolved. I had a horrible nights sleep. The shower had zero pressure which made for a miserable morning shower adding more insult to injury. Btw...this was the upgraded executive style (?) room. The Bistro is way over priced and service was very slow. The hotel manager on duty was the worst. She should not be a manager representing Marriott. Supposedly renovations were recently done on this hotel, as reviews mentioned, however I found wall paper peeling off the walls in the bathroom, thin mattresses, thin towels, unimpressive linens and nicks on the furniture. I spend 60 to 80 percent of my work week in hotels...this one is off my list. Thank goodness Marriott Platinum Honors customer service was on the ball and made up for my miserable stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
jose h, General Manager at Courtyard Winchester Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear Shersei,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the heater in your room, as Marriott rewards member we like to appreciate your loyalty that's why we like to upgrade our guest to our best rooms in the hotel. I personally spoke with you over the phone about the incident and you said that you were given the option to change room but you declined it and that you were displeased with the service at the Bistro because a grande latte was not given as a substitute for your free drip coffee.
Shersei, I understand how important it is to have flawless stay, your loyalty to Marriott is very important to us, and as a token of our appreciation you were compensated for your inconvenience. Please contact me directly if you like to further discuss your concerns, I hope that you will keep us in mind next time travels brings you back to Winchester, Virginia.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2016

well decorated, new concept, very good hotel, good location, a Starbucks concept is inside the hotel which was hugely convenient, a bistro type cafe which worked for us, there is an indoor pool, the staff was very professional and courteous, we had a couple of maintenance issues which included a bad thermostat in the room

Room tip: Don't stay in the rooms next to the elevator
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped in Winchester after driving for 10 hours. The staff was very friendly and checked us in quickly. The lobby was really nice. The room was also nice, clean and he bed was comfortable. We did not eat in the bistro but it smelled good.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jose h, General Manager at Courtyard Winchester Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Dear Phillip G,

Courtyard by Marriott Winchester Medical Center and the entire staff thanks you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us, I'm delighted to know that your stay with us was a pleasant one, I hope next time you stay with us you get to experience the delicious food from our Bistro.
Phillip G, thank you again, I hope to keep serving your lodging needs next time your travels bring you back to Winchester, Virginia.