All reviews towneplace suites full kitchen bedroom suite front desk sofa bed yogurt a pet friendly hotel room was clean working order breakfast selection parking lot check in was easy would stay here again nice place to stay fitness center off the highway nice breakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Winchester to visit family. We have stayed in the motel before and been satisfied, but we will not be visiting again. There appears to be homeless families living in the building. I even found one woman changing her clothes in the hallway. People were outside the building talking all night. Continental breakfast was terrible. It was clean, but not the family environment one expects of Marriott. Did not feel safe.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Maggie C, General Manager at Towne Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Glenn G;

I apologize your stay with us was not a pleasant one. We strive to provide safe, comfortable, and clean accommodations for all of our guests. As you know from your previous stays with us, this is NOT the norm, nor was the behavior condoned. I appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Winchester area.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I really liked this hotel--The room was a 1 king with a sofa sleeper, and it had a small TV with many channels, although it was hung on the wall in an odd place. The room is equipped with a 2-burner stove top, a full-size microwave, and a 3/4 size (4 ft tall) refrigerator/freezer combo. No oven. It did have a dishwasher however and a sink and some basic dishes included. Very CLEAN and NEW. The pool on the web site looks awesome, but in person, it only is 5 feet at the deepest and for only a tiny fraction of the pool, and this pool is shared with the adjoining Spring Hill Suites, so with all the people in both hotels, there are LOTS of people in the pool bumping into each other. This hotel had an elevator that was broken during our stay. The laundry room charges $3 a load to wash, and another $3 to dry, and has no machine to get laundry supplies, so you have to purchase them from the front desk. The laundry room is in the far bottom corner of the hotel near the pool, with no nearby stairway or elevator, which to me is poor architectural planning on the part of the building designers who need to realize that people need to have a quicker way to the laundry room. Breakfast included had a LONG LINE of people who wanted to get the self-made mickey-mouse-shaped waffles (ugh) but had an assortment of the usual muffins, small tarts, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, coffees, bagels, toast, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, hot sausage links, etc. VERY crowded but amble seating does exist. The only problem with the breakfast area was either rude people who cut right in front of you, or small kids who are not being properly taught or supervised by parents who nearly run you over....typical for this area...expected at a budget hotel. Overall a good stay and I would stay here again if I didn't care about swimming. If I was into swimming with my family, I would look for a better pool somewhere else (lots of choices). But it was nice and clean and the mattress was comfortable.

Room tip: Higher floors are less noisy away from pool and laundry area.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Jamal did an excellent job from greeting us all the way to helping find a missing bracelet from the pool. Everyone was extremely professional and extra attentive to our needs during the while week’s stay. We enjoyed our time at our home away from home!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week, had zero problems with any part of the hotel. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were spacious and kept very clean. Fitness center was nicer than most comparable hotels. Breakfast wasn’t the best but definitely sufficient. When I make it back to Winchester, I’ll make sure to stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in a king studio with a sofa bed. The room was clean but on the small side. When the sofa bed was out, there was maybe 6 inches between it and the bed. The breakfast was typical...hot and cold items. The staff was very friendly and always happy. This hotel is pet friendly which is fine, until Fido barks when the parents aren’t in the room. Several retail shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Date of stay: June 2018