“Nice hotel, would stay again”
Review of Towne Place Suites

Towne Place Suites
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Charlotte
“Nice hotel, would stay again”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a few hours on our way to NY. Hotel lobby was small but very nice. Stayed on the first floor. Our room was a studio and a decent size equipped with a full kitchen, bathroom, desk and flat screen. Room was very clean. Kitchen was nicely equipped. Breakfast was not so great with limited choices. Hotel is located close to a shopping plaza, gas station, supermarket and most importantly....Starbucks.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We traveled to VA for a birthday party the weekend after Thanksgiving. The hotel was modern and very clean, and to top it off, we were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite. The suite was nicely decorated and came with a fully equipped kitchen. There were flat screen TVs in both bedrooms and the living room, the bathroom was sparse but spacious. The carpet was so-so but the floors in the kitchen and bathroom area looked like newly laid laminate floors. I had mixed feelings at first. After I booked the room, I read the fine print about it being a pet-friendly hotel. I am not an animal lover and would never consider staying anywhere where people brought their pets but because of the great reviews, I sucked it up and gave this place a chance. Fortunately the few dogs we saw were well behaved and I only heard barking twice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was great. The hotel is located behind a set a strip malls so restaurants, a 24-hour grocery store, gas station, etc. were literally down the street (and you get 10% off meals at the restaurants excluding Starbucks and Sonic).
Cons: My only complaint is that the bed was hard and somewhat uncomfortable and I believe it was a full-sized mattress which can be a tight fit for two adults.
Even though this was a great place, I don't know if I would stay here again because of the pet factor but I will give this place five stars anyway because this would be great for families, those with pets, or those who don't mind them.

Room Tip: Good for families and people with pets.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed at here this week for Thanksgiving. The hotel was clean but, as I was turning my sheets over to go to bed at 12am that night a large stink bug was greeting me! Needless to say, I was really upset. I immediately went down stairs to complain (with a photo on my phone of the bug on my pillow) and the lady told me that this is an issue not only at this hotel but, the area has had this problem with stink bugs.

Of course at this point I'm looking for bugs in the curtains and windows. This is when I found the living room window sill was disgusting. It was caked with dead bugs and other nastiness.

Long story short, the hotel manager gave us 5,000 points on our Marriott rewards. She also
had a maintenance guy come with a vacuum to seek and destroy and other bugs. The housekeeping also changed our sheets and cleaned the nasty window by hand. I found three stink bugs on our 3 night 2 day stay. The hotel was very accommodating and apologetic. However, I will not stay here again. I will go back to the George Washington, which is where we usually stay.

Pros about the hotel are the suites are set up nicely for families with the full kitchen. Free breakfast and Internet. Nice gym and the hotel is located in a shopping center that has a Dollar Tree, Starbucks, Sonic, a gas station, Wells Fargo bank, Martins supermarket and some restaurants. Lastly, it's a great hotel for dogs. My dog loved it!

The cons were the stink bugs, and the thin walls. Every time someone opens or closes a door you really hear it. Get a room on the top floor (4th floor). There was a family with kids above us and we heard them running around first thing in the morning and we could hear the family next to our room.

I'm glad to be back home to get a good nights sleep!

Room Tip: Book the 4th floor. Thin walls. You can hear everyone walking above you.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed in a mini-suite with a kitchenette, desk, couch, etc. Recently built with nice furnishings, bedding and fixtures. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
sc
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We have never stayed in a TownePlace before, but usually stay in Marriott properties. This one did not disappoint, it was like a small Residence Inn with a fully equipped kitchenette. The room was very spacious, clean, convenient to the highway and wiht 3 restaurants within walkng distance. The restaurants were not the usual chains which made them unique and with your room key offered a 10% discount. One Japanese, Italian and a sportsbar. We ate at the sportsbar called "Fosters" which offered great food, large portions, casual atmosphere and great service. Definitely worth a try.

1 Thank golfersc