US$122
HolidayInn.com
US$144
Hampton.com
US$111
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$109
US$103
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Although it looks presentable from the outside at a distance, it's a fooler. This previously Knights Inn is well-past its prime (as witness by the SERIOUS and copious amounts of cobwebs in the room (which would account for the lack of other bugs!). Attempts have been made to maintain it (LOTS of silicone caulk!) and paint it but, seriously, let it die! On the plus side, there were no bugs as are so commonly found in these older places. However, this is offset by moldy shower curtains, half-hearted efforts by the room staff to re-supply the room with clean towels, coffee, etc. But, what really puts the icing on the cake for me is the midnight rendezvous of the staff standing outside MY FREAKING ROOM discussing what needs to be done the next day with some maintenance contractors. Add to that people screaming, "I'm locked out!", little yappy dogs, a TRAIN that sounds like it's about to run through the motel, and diesel engines left running through the night and it doesn't make for a restful night. Oh, and that free WIFI?... it's so weak and slow it's not worth advertising.

Room Tip: Find someplace else... seriously.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank gjtoth
Reviewed 14 October 2014

After checking a couple other hotels on a somewhat busy Saturday night, we found they had no available rooms and "America's Best Value Inn" had a room available so we decided to go there. Check-in went fine. We were given room 227. Upon opening the door and turning on the light switch(no light turned on, they had to be turned on by each fixture switch) I noticed the soiled light shades, one that was ripped from the metal that holds it in place. The carpet had several stains, the pillows were stained, and the chairs for the table were stained on the cushions. The drawers for the end tables had spills in them. The inside of the microwave was rusty. The roof had leaked at some point and the ceiling was sagging in that spot and the texture was hanging from an attempted repair. I could go on with a few more things I noticed but all of them paled in comparison to what I found while sitting on the bed. I pulled back the top blanket after a few minutes to find a damp sheet. I pulled that back to find a big circular wet spot on what appeared to be a pee pad. Beyond disgusting. I went to the office and told of what I had found. I was offered a refund since apparently there was no other available room. Since we knew there wasn't really anything else available, I just asked for clean sheets and a discount. I was informed that some people had a lengthy stay there which, to me, would be all the more reason to make sure the room was cleaned properly. I have read through all the reviews and they all seem to pretty much consistently say the same thing. Also quite consistent is the response of management to the reviews, going back years and still nothing has changed. I've stayed at some hotels/motels in my time, but nothing has come close to the conditions found here. Spend the extra $10 or $20 to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Scratching2much
Reviewed 6 October 2014

If you are looking for resort accommodations, this place won't fit the bill. But if you have been driving 10 hrs and aren't a diva about a room your eyes will be mostly closed in, pull on in. Found the place with a hotel coupon guide, they honored the coupon, no questions asked, and didn't ask for a deposit on a cash payment. Good AC and no noise. Just a place to sleep and move on with ease.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are smoking rooms. Duh.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We got there after traveling all day . The room was nasty it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 10 yrs! I called her and she showed us another room that was a little better but I still wouldn't let my grandson go in. We got our money back except for $10 charge because we washed our hands upon entering and just looking around. This place needs shut down ASAP. I am calling the board of health or somewhere tomorrow!

• Stayed: August 2014
WinABVI, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear jodigirl1965,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I deeply regret that you had such a bad experience with us in August. Please know that we are taking corrective measures, including hiring and training new housekeepers. There is never an excuse for not being able to provide clean and comfortable rooms. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Regards,
Vic-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Winchester, VA

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Looks nice and clean from the outside and as soon as you open door to your room that is where the nice and clean STOP.
This place was nasty. Towels were dirty, looked as if they were picked up off the floor and hung on rack. Pubic hair stuck to wash rags. Beds were nasty aswell. Pillows are yellow and dirty, sheets even worst. We slept in our clothes on top off the bed, used our coats as pillows. TV was ready to fall off stand, lamps missing light bulbs, light switches hanging out of wall. Not to mention a crack house 4 doors down, I never saw so many people (animals ) go in and out of a room before in 1 night. Sunrise we got out of there. Clearly the worst place I have ever stayed. Another visitor had money stolen from his room.

Turn around and run as fast as you can away from here

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear chad b,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. We have recently purchased new pillows and linen. We are also making improvements by hiring new housekeeping staff and providing additional training. We hope that these changes will enhance the overall experience for our future travelers.

Regards,