“Bed Bugs”
Review of Ans Inn & Suites

Ans Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 13 September 2015

A few months back we stayed at ANS Suites. My husband was doing work for the new owner of this motel. So we stayed there for awhile. While we were there I got but from bed bugs just about every night. We told the front desk about the problem, they just gave us a can of bed bug spray that you buy at Family Dollar. My husband sprayed the room. I did not get bit for a week. After that week I got bit again, we told them about it they said they would check the room out. Well we waited for them to come by, but they were not coming by, so we decided to go get something to eat. When we got back we went into our room and found out that they came in the room. They checked the room but did not even move our pillows out of the way when they removed the headboard, and I saw bed bugs on our pillows. Then the told us that we had to leave, well we just paid for the week the day before and they did not even want to move us to another room, they weren't even going to give us our money back. Then they said that they did not have to give us our room deposit back. Well my husband talked to some one else and that's when we got our money back plus our deposit.

They even tried to say that they ANS is not liable for the bed bug bites at all. Well we talked to the health department and we found out that they are liable for it. Anyway they were saying that they never had a bed bug problem, but that was a lie... The rooms in the middle part of that motel were infested with bed bugs, that they had someone spray those rooms with bed bug spray from family dollar.

There was even another couple that one of them got bit by bed bugs and when they reported it to the staff, they said that of course you'll get bed bugs when you wash and dry your clothes in their washers and dryers. How stupid and dumb is that to tell their customers.

Do not stop at this motel staff sucks and you have to pay for toilet supplies. Anyway I am posting pictures of the bites that I got while staying at this motel.

Housekeeping also sucks here.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ng2016

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Although it looks presentable from the outside at a distance, it's a fooler. This previously Knights Inn is well-past its prime (as witness by the SERIOUS and copious amounts of cobwebs in the room (which would account for the lack of other bugs!). Attempts have been made to maintain it (LOTS of silicone caulk!) and paint it but, seriously, let it die! On the plus side, there were no bugs as are so commonly found in these older places. However, this is offset by moldy shower curtains, half-hearted efforts by the room staff to re-supply the room with clean towels, coffee, etc. But, what really puts the icing on the cake for me is the midnight rendezvous of the staff standing outside MY FREAKING ROOM discussing what needs to be done the next day with some maintenance contractors. Add to that people screaming, "I'm locked out!", little yappy dogs, a TRAIN that sounds like it's about to run through the motel, and diesel engines left running through the night and it doesn't make for a restful night. Oh, and that free WIFI?... it's so weak and slow it's not worth advertising.

Room Tip: Find someplace else... seriously.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank gjtoth
Reviewed 14 October 2014

After checking a couple other hotels on a somewhat busy Saturday night, we found they had no available rooms and "America's Best Value Inn" had a room available so we decided to go there. Check-in went fine. We were given room 227. Upon opening the door and turning on the light switch(no light turned on, they had to be turned on by each fixture switch) I noticed the soiled light shades, one that was ripped from the metal that holds it in place. The carpet had several stains, the pillows were stained, and the chairs for the table were stained on the cushions. The drawers for the end tables had spills in them. The inside of the microwave was rusty. The roof had leaked at some point and the ceiling was sagging in that spot and the texture was hanging from an attempted repair. I could go on with a few more things I noticed but all of them paled in comparison to what I found while sitting on the bed. I pulled back the top blanket after a few minutes to find a damp sheet. I pulled that back to find a big circular wet spot on what appeared to be a pee pad. Beyond disgusting. I went to the office and told of what I had found. I was offered a refund since apparently there was no other available room. Since we knew there wasn't really anything else available, I just asked for clean sheets and a discount. I was informed that some people had a lengthy stay there which, to me, would be all the more reason to make sure the room was cleaned properly. I have read through all the reviews and they all seem to pretty much consistently say the same thing. Also quite consistent is the response of management to the reviews, going back years and still nothing has changed. I've stayed at some hotels/motels in my time, but nothing has come close to the conditions found here. Spend the extra $10 or $20 to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Scratching2much
Reviewed 6 October 2014

If you are looking for resort accommodations, this place won't fit the bill. But if you have been driving 10 hrs and aren't a diva about a room your eyes will be mostly closed in, pull on in. Found the place with a hotel coupon guide, they honored the coupon, no questions asked, and didn't ask for a deposit on a cash payment. Good AC and no noise. Just a place to sleep and move on with ease.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are smoking rooms. Duh.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We got there after traveling all day . The room was nasty it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 10 yrs! I called her and she showed us another room that was a little better but I still wouldn't let my grandson go in. We got our money back except for $10 charge because we washed our hands upon entering and just looking around. This place needs shut down ASAP. I am calling the board of health or somewhere tomorrow!

• Stayed: August 2014
WinABVI, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear jodigirl1965,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I deeply regret that you had such a bad experience with us in August. Please know that we are taking corrective measures, including hiring and training new housekeepers. There is never an excuse for not being able to provide clean and comfortable rooms. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Regards,