“NO...JUST...NO.”
Review of Ans Inn & Suites

Ans Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 14 October 2014

After checking a couple other hotels on a somewhat busy Saturday night, we found they had no available rooms and "America's Best Value Inn" had a room available so we decided to go there. Check-in went fine. We were given room 227. Upon opening the door and turning on the light switch(no light turned on, they had to be turned on by each fixture switch) I noticed the soiled light shades, one that was ripped from the metal that holds it in place. The carpet had several stains, the pillows were stained, and the chairs for the table were stained on the cushions. The drawers for the end tables had spills in them. The inside of the microwave was rusty. The roof had leaked at some point and the ceiling was sagging in that spot and the texture was hanging from an attempted repair. I could go on with a few more things I noticed but all of them paled in comparison to what I found while sitting on the bed. I pulled back the top blanket after a few minutes to find a damp sheet. I pulled that back to find a big circular wet spot on what appeared to be a pee pad. Beyond disgusting. I went to the office and told of what I had found. I was offered a refund since apparently there was no other available room. Since we knew there wasn't really anything else available, I just asked for clean sheets and a discount. I was informed that some people had a lengthy stay there which, to me, would be all the more reason to make sure the room was cleaned properly. I have read through all the reviews and they all seem to pretty much consistently say the same thing. Also quite consistent is the response of management to the reviews, going back years and still nothing has changed. I've stayed at some hotels/motels in my time, but nothing has come close to the conditions found here. Spend the extra $10 or $20 to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Scratching2much

Reviewed 6 October 2014

If you are looking for resort accommodations, this place won't fit the bill. But if you have been driving 10 hrs and aren't a diva about a room your eyes will be mostly closed in, pull on in. Found the place with a hotel coupon guide, they honored the coupon, no questions asked, and didn't ask for a deposit on a cash payment. Good AC and no noise. Just a place to sleep and move on with ease.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are smoking rooms. Duh.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We got there after traveling all day . The room was nasty it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 10 yrs! I called her and she showed us another room that was a little better but I still wouldn't let my grandson go in. We got our money back except for $10 charge because we washed our hands upon entering and just looking around. This place needs shut down ASAP. I am calling the board of health or somewhere tomorrow!

• Stayed: August 2014
WinABVI, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear jodigirl1965,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I deeply regret that you had such a bad experience with us in August. Please know that we are taking corrective measures, including hiring and training new housekeepers. There is never an excuse for not being able to provide clean and comfortable rooms. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Looks nice and clean from the outside and as soon as you open door to your room that is where the nice and clean STOP.
This place was nasty. Towels were dirty, looked as if they were picked up off the floor and hung on rack. Pubic hair stuck to wash rags. Beds were nasty aswell. Pillows are yellow and dirty, sheets even worst. We slept in our clothes on top off the bed, used our coats as pillows. TV was ready to fall off stand, lamps missing light bulbs, light switches hanging out of wall. Not to mention a crack house 4 doors down, I never saw so many people (animals ) go in and out of a room before in 1 night. Sunrise we got out of there. Clearly the worst place I have ever stayed. Another visitor had money stolen from his room.

Turn around and run as fast as you can away from here

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear chad b,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. We have recently purchased new pillows and linen. We are also making improvements by hiring new housekeeping staff and providing additional training. We hope that these changes will enhance the overall experience for our future travelers.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I rented a room here for the weekend. It was the nasty room I have ever stayed in. There was BLOOD STAINS on the carpet, blood on the headboard also there was blood on the picture that was hanging in the room. When asked to change rooms the attendant was rude and nasty and toldnusbif we complained about anything else we would have to leave. Very poor customer service. Also there were cockroaches in the drawers and rotten food left in the refrigerator and microwave so must not be any cleaning service either. I agree this place should not be allowed to operate under these conditions. I feel that a health inspector should make a visit to this place. I will NEVER be back

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear DolphinGirl2007,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned in your review. We typically do not have the extreme issues you spoke about in your review. We inspect each room after each cleaning and am quite surprised to hear of this. Rest assured I will make every effort to prevent this from happening to other guests in the future.