US$112
Country Inn
US$111
US$132
US$93
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$125
US$219
US$189
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I went down to visit a friend of mines for a weekend. The staff was friendly and I was able to check in to my room fairly quick. The room looks shady in my opinion. Bed wasn't comfy and generally a old room with a weird smell. It's a decent, cheap hotel that's good for those who typically just need a place to for a short time while they attend to their business. I actually saw another room that looked way comfier than mine and newer so maybe I just happened to get the crappy room but it's overall an okay hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
WinABVI, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Tyler D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our friendly staff. I apologize that our rooms were not up to your expectations. However, we are planning on doing some upgrades in the near future. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This motel cost $9 more than the local campground would charge for me to pitch my tent. And, it was raining. Was it worth it? Yes, but only marginally so. This is an old motel, abandoned by the freeway bypass. Probably now owned by immigrants. On the positive side: everything worked and was clean; the front desk very helpful. On the negative: everything is worn out - the bedding, the towels, the TV, the carpeting, the paint. The continental breakfast almost nonexistent. But, it was about half the price of the well-known chain motels. So, it was better than camping out in the rain ... but I wouldn't stay there with my wife.

Room Tip: There are several motels immediately adjacent to this one. All once popular, but now abandoned by the freeway bypasses. Maybe you could find a better one from amongst these?
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear MisterEd07,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us back in March 2013. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention. We are planning on doing some updates in the near future. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pros: The location was convenient & price reasonable. Staff was friendly & helpful. Facility looks fairly nice from outside esp. with the brick front. Room was large, spacious & included a dorm fridge & microwave. Nice laundry room if needed. Cable tv & in room phone provided. Mattresses were comfortable. Good water pressure in shower.
Cons: Stayed there because of location, price & the pool. I guess 2 out of 3's not bad. The pool was closed with a winter cover over it (in mid July). Free breakfast consisted of cold cereal, loaf bread that could be toasted & coffee (juice machine was broken). 2 out of 4 of the bed pillows were badly stained under pillowcases & should be replaced. No fitted sheet on beds, just a flat sheet that moves around & pulls loose every time you move. Rooms are old & run-down, in need of repair (one area of bedroom carpet badly torn). Bathroom floor was dirty, tub was filthy with brown soap scum & bathroom ceiling was half falling down. 2 drink vending machines available but only working & no snack machines at all. I was told (tiny bags)of ice available in the office (which closes at night tho check-in/out transactions can be done through a small window). Entire room is cooled by an inefficient window unit that doesn't seem to cool room very well. Microwave is turned on & off by plugging & unplugging it from outlet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
tanisha1, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear NCNativeMom,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. We are aware of the other issues you had mentioned and are planning to take corrective measures in the near future. We hope that you choose to stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Pro- Pet friendly ($5 fee), Cheep. Cons- Dirty sheets, smellyroom, hard beds, Big Holes in carpet, Big holes in ceiling, no fan in bathroom, no security lock on door, after dark out side check inn, no Ice machine, No breakfest. a seperate deposit that you have to go back an get refunded on cheak out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gary A,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience with us. Rest assured, we are addressing your concerns so that our future guests have a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

The room was very dirty. There were hairs and spots on all the linens. Some of the towels were dirty and looked like they had been refolded to hide the dirt. The carpeted floor was sticky and very outdated. There was also a stain beside the bed that looked somewhat like vomit. It was also hard to get the toilet to flush. We also discovered an ant/roach trap on top of the closet shelf. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Always view the room before choosing to stay!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear mybirdsdotnet,

Thank you for posting a traveler review with us. I appreciate your sincerity in bringing the housekeeping issues to our attention. We have made some recent improvements to our housekeeping practices. Once again, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience.