“Nightmare.”
Review of Ans Inn & Suites

Ans Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The worst motel I have experienced in the United States. After a long drive We made the mistake of renting a room in this hell hole. The first room We were givene smelled horrible, the lamp shades were missing from the lamps, and half the lights did not work. We complained and were given the room next door and it was just as grim. The box spring was held up with metal conduit like rods, the sink was held up by raw 2 x 4s. Bad smells, dirty bathrooms, scary sheets. We got our $50.00 back and drove to the next exit where we rented a very nice room at the travel lodge for $5.00 more. This motel should be shut down by the health department.

Room Tip: Drive to the next exit. Stay at the travel lodge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael A
WinABVI, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Michael A,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered with us in November 2013. We were experiencing some issues with our roof, which has now been addressed. We are taking corrective measures to improve our facilities. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I went down to visit a friend of mines for a weekend. The staff was friendly and I was able to check in to my room fairly quick. The room looks shady in my opinion. Bed wasn't comfy and generally a old room with a weird smell. It's a decent, cheap hotel that's good for those who typically just need a place to for a short time while they attend to their business. I actually saw another room that looked way comfier than mine and newer so maybe I just happened to get the crappy room but it's overall an okay hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Tyler D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our friendly staff. I apologize that our rooms were not up to your expectations. However, we are planning on doing some upgrades in the near future. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This motel cost $9 more than the local campground would charge for me to pitch my tent. And, it was raining. Was it worth it? Yes, but only marginally so. This is an old motel, abandoned by the freeway bypass. Probably now owned by immigrants. On the positive side: everything worked and was clean; the front desk very helpful. On the negative: everything is worn out - the bedding, the towels, the TV, the carpeting, the paint. The continental breakfast almost nonexistent. But, it was about half the price of the well-known chain motels. So, it was better than camping out in the rain ... but I wouldn't stay there with my wife.

Room Tip: There are several motels immediately adjacent to this one. All once popular, but now abandoned by t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear MisterEd07,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us back in March 2013. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention. We are planning on doing some updates in the near future. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pros: The location was convenient & price reasonable. Staff was friendly & helpful. Facility looks fairly nice from outside esp. with the brick front. Room was large, spacious & included a dorm fridge & microwave. Nice laundry room if needed. Cable tv & in room phone provided. Mattresses were comfortable. Good water pressure in shower.
Cons: Stayed there because of location, price & the pool. I guess 2 out of 3's not bad. The pool was closed with a winter cover over it (in mid July). Free breakfast consisted of cold cereal, loaf bread that could be toasted & coffee (juice machine was broken). 2 out of 4 of the bed pillows were badly stained under pillowcases & should be replaced. No fitted sheet on beds, just a flat sheet that moves around & pulls loose every time you move. Rooms are old & run-down, in need of repair (one area of bedroom carpet badly torn). Bathroom floor was dirty, tub was filthy with brown soap scum & bathroom ceiling was half falling down. 2 drink vending machines available but only working & no snack machines at all. I was told (tiny bags)of ice available in the office (which closes at night tho check-in/out transactions can be done through a small window). Entire room is cooled by an inefficient window unit that doesn't seem to cool room very well. Microwave is turned on & off by plugging & unplugging it from outlet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
tanisha1, Manager at Ans Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear NCNativeMom,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. We are aware of the other issues you had mentioned and are planning to take corrective measures in the near future. We hope that you choose to stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Pro- Pet friendly ($5 fee), Cheep. Cons- Dirty sheets, smellyroom, hard beds, Big Holes in carpet, Big holes in ceiling, no fan in bathroom, no security lock on door, after dark out side check inn, no Ice machine, No breakfest. a seperate deposit that you have to go back an get refunded on cheak out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gary A,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience with us. Rest assured, we are addressing your concerns so that our future guests have a more memorable experience.