“We hit Corey's every time we come to Williamsburg...”

Corey's Country Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 430 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Reviewed 3 October 2017

...sometimes more than once. Corey's had excellent soul food and country cooking. The entire staff is so friendly, especially our favorite waitress Theresa. We only come to town every six months or so and she has remembered us each time.

I haven't had a bad meal here, but I have especially love the beef ribs, fried chicken and liver and onions. Their collard greens, cabbage and mashed potatoes are top notch. I don't usually have room for dessert, but the banana pudding is well worth the trip.

1  Thank JCseminole

Reviewed 2 October 2017

If you like comfort food this is the place to go. Everything we had was very tasty, we had collard greens, fried chicken, fried okra, cooked cabbage, fried potatoes with onions, sweet tea and they keep it filled. Waitress (Angel) was very attentive and friendly. We did not have room for dessert. We did not care for the sweet corn bread. Angel told us that some people do not think the corn bread is sweet enough. Tony was a Chef he came to our table to talk we us. Very nice experience.

1  Thank dandysandy2016
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to like this place I really did. Husband and I came in probably around 6:30 and they close at 7. I had crab cakes and mac and cheese and he had country fried steak. The gal waiting on us was very nice. The crab cakes were pretty good the mac and cheese was really dried out. The country fried steak was good. All the sides were lukewarm ... so the collard greens tasted good and mashed potatoes and gravy tasted good but both were barely warm.

1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is the perfect place if you are looking for good food and good service. My husband and I both had the fried chicken which was moist and had a great coating. Our waitress Angel was attentive and friendly. The ambiance is what you make of it so if you are looking for fancy, look elsewhere. However if good Southern food is what you want, look no further.

1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The staff was friendly and attentive. Our group all had the barbecue sandwich plate. It was good and everything but the fries was homemade. There was no room for dessert. We had gone in search of a family style restaurant like Cracker Barrel and it did not have the variety of choices like them and was quite a bit higher in cost but all-in-all was a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Harold M