“Not Bad, but Not as Good”

Corey's Country Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 430 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

So came to the Country Kitchen for a Sunday dinner. We visited a Pastor friend for a service at his church, stayed a while after. You'll understand why I mentioned that we stayed a while. Heading back to the resort in Williamsburg we decided to eat at Corey's CK. I ordered fried whiting, Mac and cheese and greens. My husband ordered beef ribs, collards and Mac and cheese. My fish was deeeelicious, Mac and cheese was very very dry. The greens were okay, but cut a little to big for my taste. I guess I'm use to the way my grandmother taught us to cut them. However they were definitely very clean no gritty taste AT ALL...hate that...Ugh. My husband and I agreed that the macaroni and cheese was not cheesy and dry. Now in there defense it was the end of the day, as I mentioned we got there like an hour and a half before closing. So that means it was out on the hot tray all day which could be the reason. The waitresses were both supper supper friendly, they kept the place spotless. Even the bathroom was clean. Now I have a pet peave. I don't use restrooms in regular restaurants because if it's not kept and my stomach gets sick from looking at a dirty restroom I will not eat there I'll walk right back out the door
On this particular day I had to, so I took my chances. Only to find that the restroom was in great condition which made me very happy, that I could enjoy my food after visiting the restroom. I'm still going to go with the 5 because the mac and cheese could have been out all day which was probably the reason for the dry texture. Yes I would go back because those girls were very hospitable, and friendly.

1  Thank prosperity16

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Went to Corey's due to its rating on trip advisor. Location isn't bad, prices were good. The food and service was very good. Would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Wow and Wow the food was delicious my husband had the whole fried catfish myself enjoy the seafood platter daughter had fried chicken wing macaroni and cheese.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

This place was fabulous! It's in a strip mall just off the beaten path but it's worth the drive! We went for lunch/early dinner and it wasn't too crowded. Definitely a locals place. I had the shrimp and grits and OMG it was amazing! Hubby had chicken cheesesteak and it was also very good. Prices not bad either, fed five for $70 (which isn't bad in today's world!). Definitely will be visiting again next trip.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

So our waiter at another restaurant told us about this place. Since we eat at different places when we go away, we had to try this. We got the seafood platter and beef ribs with sides. Very yummy and filling. I just wish the rolls were at little more special then regular rolls. You must try this.

1  Thank saiken31