“Pleasant evening”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Good food, good (but not perfect) service, good ambience all make for a pleasant evening. Prices ok. Only a few outdoor tables, regrettably. It isn't perfect, but I would go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We decided to go to the Historic Area early for Fourth of July and start the day @ the Blue Talon for breakfast. Wow, you think $12 for breakfast is expensive but you get so much beautifully presented! (See the photo) My husband had the omelet w/ Basque sauce on the side. It came w/ wonderfully crisp bacon and baguette. He's had it before & says it's just delicious. I chose the breakfast platter, two eggs, peppered bacon, fat sausage link, stoned grits w/ cheddar cheese, a potato cake, biscuit w/ Virginia Ham, and baguette. It was enough for two persons! I wound up sharing the VA ham biscuit, potato cake, & the sausage link w/ my husband. The biscuit was delicious - slightly sweet & the ham wasn't too salty. The stoned grits were the best, especially w/ cheddar cheese. It would have been nice to have some jam w/ the baguette, even though it had been buttered, it was a bit dry. I put one of my eggs on top of the baguette & ate it like an open-faced sandwich. The peppered bacon was nice & crisp - large strips. We were in right at 8 AM so it allowed for a leisurely breakfast until it started to pick up @ 9. My disappointment was the coffee. Even though it's Illy coffee, it's prepared w/ too much water so the coffee is watered down. I could see the bottom of my cup through the coffee. I understand that coffee is expensive and for $3.50 you can drink as much as you want and we are big coffee drinkers, but either limit the number of cups or charge a higher price for Illy. Don't compromise the coffee quality and the Illy name. I don't recall the coffee being this diluted the last time we had breakfast. If you found this review helpful, please click on the button below.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for breakfast the morning of July 4th, place was full of tourists and locals alike. Had the salmon and almost licked the plate! Husband had French toast and said it was the best he ever had. Polite and attentive wait staff. Place is full of chickens - collectibles - and so interesting to look at while you eat. Great food, great atmosphere and conveniently located in the historic district. We'll be back!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped at this cute place for lunch on a very hot day because it was the first place we came upon. We were pleasantly surprised with our lunches. Both salads and sandwiches were very good and service was friendly and prompt.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I've never been disappointed by the food here. The food is warm and filling and delicious. We've had both dinner and brunch here, and they were both delicious. The blackened fish reuben and tomato goat cheese tart were both excellent brunch choices.