All reviews bowling alley full kitchen orange lake washer and dryer living room time share mini golf whirlpool tub indoor pool basketball court parking pass end unit top floor busch gardens dish soap timeshare pitch quiet area
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Property is in a quiet area away from the main town.
On arrival, you check in at one desk, then have to get a car parking pass from another desk - be aware, this is their prime opportunity for a sales pitch for timeshares, etc. Promised free this and cash for that, but only if I spend 3 hours of my time at a presentation and talk, when I'm going to say no at the end anyway. I declined a few times then walked away.
No trolleys to get bags up to 3rd floor room.
Got to our room, which was very good, clean and spacious.
Unpacked, etc. Read some info as you do, which included:
- no maid service at all during our stay.
- on checking out put all towels in the bath.
- on checking out empty all bins and put waste in garbage at the end of each floor ( I'm glad I wasn't staying in a room at the end of each floor to have two large garbage bins outside my room.)
I was phoned about 9am in my room on the first morning, about doing a timeshare talk again, which I again declined.
There were two outside pools but we only had access to one of them, on the other side of the club-house. When there, it was noisy due to building work taking place directly next to the pool.
Enough beds / chairs to go around.
Mini bowling alley and mini golf outside.
I feel this is alone about the timeshare.
Shame as has a lot of potential.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I was told the presentation would take 2 hours. It ran 30 mins over and it toook another 15 minutes to get out of there. I paid $250 to do this stupid thing, so not very smart of me. I thought the benefit would be a 3 night luxury resort experience, and a return of my funds and a $100 hotel voucher. Instead I was booked for 3 night stay in an over crowded Holiday Inn Express that wasn’t on the resort property. My kids are old enough to be by themselves for two hours, but this is a town far from home. I told them I could only be there for 2 hours for this reason, but they ran way over. Plus I couldn’t plan anything fun that day because they make you do the thing in the middle of the day. They make it so difficult that the sales person can’t sign your paper that pays for your hotel stay. And neither can the front desk people. A manager that is doing sales presentations has to sign off and you are at his mercy. Once I sat in the lobby waiting instead of waiting in the sales area, they took my request to leave seriously. Don’t put your money down for this!!!!! It is not worth 2 + hours of sales presentation for a crummy hotel experience where they give you the keys to another persons room when you show up.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lora P
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

We appreciate your taking part in one of our property tours at Williamsburg Resort, and are sorry to hear that yours ran longer than expected. Tours may sometimes take longer as we answer questions and attempt to craft a package that best suits each individual family.

Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do in helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. Your feedback is appreciated, and we hope you'll give us your consideration for a future trip to Williamsburg, where we can show you how wonderful a vacation with us can be! Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

About a year ago we received a "cold call" about a timeshare through Holiday Inn Club Vacations. We were promised a "no pressure" tour to visit one of ten locations. It was anything but a no pressure sales pitch. I felt angry when I left the tour/presentation.
We first me Alishia who was bubbly and happy. She was our tour guide for what we thought would be 2 hours. She did an excellent job of describing the time share and all that went with it. She was a bit condescending from time to time but nothing to get me upset. After the presentation, I said I was not interested in purchasing. Telling Alishia that we were not interested meant absolutely nothing. She kept on and on about how this was a great deal and that I would be wasting money in future vacations if I did not purchase the timeshare. After about five more "I am not interested" lines they brought in James. James was simply very rude. I was being very calm, relaxed, and polite when I told James no less than five times that I simply was not interested. It seemed like James had a playbook that told him to not relinquish and keep the pressure on to sell. I reminded James that I was only at the tour b/c of a cold call that promised a no pressure tour. I asked several times if we could just be done. I was ready to have him sign my voucher and get on with our vacation. I had to become a bit more aggressive b/c it felt like he was not letting us get out of this presentation. My exact words were "Can you please just sign this voucher so we can leave. I have been here for close to 2.5 hours and I've told you repeatedly that we are not interested." He said he would run some more numbers and show us another proposal. He left and made us wait at least another ten minutes. I told Alishia that I was starting to feel angry b/c it felt like we could not leave. She did little to help. Finally, James came back with a sheet that offered us a condensed "points" package. We declined the offer three more times before he finally let us leave. We thought we were out when we had to be briefed by David before we got our $279 cash offer. David had more tack than James but still asked us if he could do anything to sell us a timeshare. I simply could not believe that it took that much effort to get us out the door. Not only was I upset with high pressure sales pitch that I was promised would not happen, I could not believe that we were basically prisoners as we waited for our voucher.

Room tip: We had a first floor room where we could hear the people above us and next to us. We
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff A
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Sorry to hear of your frustrating tour experience at Williamsburg Resort. This is not the impression we would want to leave with our guests.

We appreciate your taking part in one of our property tours and are sorry to hear that yours ran longer than expected. Tours may sometimes take longer as we answer questions and attempt to craft a package that best suits each individual family. Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do in helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. We’re sorry to learn of your unpleasant encounters.

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and we hope you'll give us your consideration for a future trip to Williamsburg, where we can show you how wonderful a vacation with us can be! Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We were offered the opportunity to stay at this lovely resort. Yes, we did have to go to the presentation, but it was worth it. The rooms were spotless with so many amenities, staff was very helpful, kids enjoyed the pool. It was all great.
If we could have, we would have taken advantage of the offers they presented, just wasn’t within our means at this stage of our lives. Would highly recommend this resort!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lizzie H
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have had this timeshare since 2009 and I simply cannot praise it enough. I will tell anyone who will listen how much I love this timeshare, and Williamsburg is one of my favorites. I just love the atmosphere and the grounds are beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple