“Varied Menu, Lots of Beer”
Review of DoG Street Pub

DoG Street Pub
Ranked #64 of 429 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The region's premier source for excellent food & craft beer. 16 draft beers, over 100 bottles and a beer engine at the Pub with eight more taps and hundreds more bottles next door at Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located in what used to be a bank, this restaurant has an interesting interior and a varied, British-based menu. Food is good and everyone should find something that suits! Service staff was attentive each time I have visited!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is right in Merchants Square and therefore is convenient to shopping and the colonial area. The name suggests a good variety of pub food...not so much. I got a burger which was very plain. The burger patty seemed frozen and it was huge. Yet, the cheese was tiny slice that only covered half. My husband ordered a traditionally Indian meal and he said it was mediocre. All non achoholic drinks come from a can or bottle which seemed strange for a place that was not cheap and had such an eclectic menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I visited the DoG Street Pub last Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. and were told that we would have a 1/2 hour wait as the pub was short staffed. We volunteered to sit at the bar and wait for our table. Almost an hour later, we were shown to a table and told that the server would be with us. The server promptly arrived and wanted our order. As we had just received the menus, I asked for a few minutes. We quickly ordered a shared appetizer and two entrees. After waiting twenty-five minutes our appetizer arrived, immediately followed by our entrees! I then asked for the entrees to be sent back to be kept warm. No problem; however, our server then came to our table stating that we had said that we wanted our appetizer and entrees served together. No such discussion had ever occurred. The ambiance, the decor and the food were outstanding, but the service was inferior. After we patiently waited for our table, the server rushed our order, admitted forgetting to place our appetizer order ,but tried to blame the error on us! We were then almost ignored and had to wait a longer than usual time for the check. Service did a disservice to the DoG Street Pub!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had past this pub earlier in the day and kept in mind as a place to go back to.
After an early night, we went in for a drink and snack. The bartender was very friendly and outgoing. She went out of her way to make a special drink for my friend who was unsure of what to order. A martini with Bailey's, my friend's favorite, and other ingredients to give it a chocolate taste as well.
We also ordered a cheese board that was a great accompaniment to our drinks.
The final tab was reasonable and the friendliness of the staff made this a perfect place to end our evening.
Definitely check this place out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing beer selection! Both had fish ‘n chips which were nothing special. Large portion, not greasy, just bland. The mushy peas had a modern twist and were very tasty, wished I had more.