“Good food”

Ranked #36 of 429 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lunch and diner daily, Sunday Brunch. Featuring homemade soups and ice cream and prepared daily specials.
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We had never been here, so we were looking for a place close to our hotel for dinner. Decided to try this one, and were pleasantly surprised! Located in a strip mall, which seemed to have many locals (which is always a good sign. The service and food were very good. Not a large place, but peole never had to wait over 10 minutes.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We have driven by Rick’s Place so many times and had never tried it until tonight. It was great! The prime rib was perfectly cooked, salads crisp and sides perfectly prepared. Our waitress was very sweet and- best of all- they had homemade ice cream for dessert. We will definitely be back soon.

1  Thank zagnutmom
Rick N, Owner at Rick's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

We are so glad you came too!!! Thanks for taking the time to review us; thanks for the kind words!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Very good sausage gravy although I would have preferred a larger portion of gravy. The eggs were cooked over easy and were perfectly cooked. The coffee was a good although a little weak.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We were looking for a quick bite before going on a Ghost Tour in Williamsburg. What a great find, thanx to previous reviews. The bad news is that our tour had to be cancelled due to a torrential rain. The good news was Rick's! We ended up spending a couple hours while trying to wait out the rain; having Reuben's and fries and homemade ice cream for dessert. I had the coconut pecan and it was really good, but should have gone with the rest and tried the coffee ice cream. Wow, was it good. An overall gem! The service was everything you'd expect from a family owned establishment. Super friendly and personable. And the food was great! Put it on your list if you're in the area!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Garry S
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I have spent a lot of time in Williamsburg and have eaten in many restaurants. I often wondered about Ricks. I was on my own last week after a hard days of work in the area and decided to give it a try. I assumed it was a typical grill with burgers and dogs so to speak. I was wrong. It is a very pleasant family restaurant. Decor was a little more up scale then I assumed from the outside. Staff very friendly and service was good. I had a small steak, fries and broccoli with Texas toast. Steak was very good! Great tasting and just a slight bit of chew to it. I like to taste my steak and a few extra chews help. The fries were OK good. Broccoli was cook correctly and not over done. The toast was very good to complete the meal. I would recommend it to family or a private place to take a date. Priced correctly for the meal I got. Look forward to the next visit and to take my wife there.

Date of visit: September 2018