“Seafood Pot Pie!”

Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A great meal at a casual price, that appeals to a diverse age group of diners. From the young couple going out on a date, to the family of four looking to spend under $75, to the professional trying to impress a client, Oceans & Ale appeals to a diverse range of clientele. Oceans & Ale seeks to compliment the dining experience in historic Williamsburg with nightly specials & live entertainment in a vibrant casual setting.
Reviewed 3 November 2018

While visiting Williamsburg in October of this year, we had the privilege of having dinner at Oceans and Ale. I am a real fan of She Crab Soup, and Oceans and Ale had a seafood pot pie on the menu, which I ordered. The seafood pot pie has She Crab Soup as the "liquid" base as well as copious amounts of seafood with an excellent crust. The entire dish was truly excellent. Needless to say, we will certainly be back here each time we come to Williamsburg, which is about once a year.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Sid R

Reviewed 27 October 2018

The service was quite good and the food was very good. However , the noise level was to the point of not being able to carry on a conversation. Good place for a quick bite.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Mauiman
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Ate here twice during a weekend visit to see my son at William and Mary. Both times exceeded our expectations. Caught a game on the huge TV, live music on a Sat night and good food too. Service was very good. Food so fresh with great preparation. Definitely a great find in a town filled with waffle houses! Will be back for sure! I had read some mixed reviews and have got to say we loved everything we tried! Tuna poke was best I've had, crab tacos very tasteful, and crab soup yummy!

1  Thank scubaskier123
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Ocean and Ale was recommended to us and so we GPS the directions. Was a little disappointed, the price and portion for my fish and chips wasn't what I expected, too much batter, couldn't really taste the fish.

1  Thank 922queenw
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch at my favorite Williamsburg restaurant and tried the crab tacos. Good flavor but the shredded meat consistency put me off. It’s great in the nachos but not here. I wanted some more lumps.

1  Thank On_the_go_with_joe_m

Been to Oceans & Ale? Share your experiences!