“O&A has excellent seafood”
Review of Oceans & Ale

Oceans & Ale
Ranked #29 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The food is always made fresh to your specific order, even on all-you-can-eat crableg night (Wednesdays). It somehow provides a great mix of special occasion dining, sportsbar, and family dining. The crabcakes are the best on the Eastern Seaboard (my humble opinion, and I've traveled from Maine to Florida), with no filler, lots of lumpy sweet crabmeat, and a spicy remoulade served on the side.

There are newer reviews for Oceans & Ale

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Service was great and so was the atmosphere but food was cold and horrible, I was with a party of 10 and every person had something wrong with there dish. The food was cold my dish was super spicy and it didn't say anything about it being spicy, 4 people at my table got med rare steaks and they all came back well done.... Pretty upset at this place.. Wouldn't recommend it to a friend other than to get an ice cold beer and to socialize...

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We decided to try this on a Friday evening off-season. I had the fish and chips and my wife a grilled swordfish. Both were reasonably prepared and served promptly and hot. They had a number of good micro beers on tap to make the time pass pleasantly. The chips were of fresh potatoes, hot and and not greasy. My flounder was lightly breaded and perfectly done. My wife's swordfish was ample but relatively thin which made for worry about being dried out but it was grilled to perfection. We had an extra side salad (swordfish came with one) and side of (cooked rare) green beans with three draft beers for $60 including a good tip for our friendly and helpful waitress. It is not fancy but it is comfortable and the food was good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed it a lot and will be back.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

My family and I went to Williamsburg for the weekend. I saw this restaurant on Tripadvisor and thought I would try it out after checking out the menu. I wanted a reasonably priced family restaurant that wasn't the usual chain I could get at home. That is exactly what I got. I asked an employee at our hotel about the place and its expense. She said she could afford it every night of the week.

The food was very good. We asked for recommendations. I had the buffalo chickensteak sandwich which was similar to a cheesesteak except with buffalo chicken. My husband got the seafood nachos which were to die for. Unfortunately, I only got one bite of his nachos because I am allergic to seafood. One son ordered off of the kids' menu and was happy. My oldest ordered a 6oz filet mignon which was $14 and came with two sides and a salad. They had an excellent selection of beers both regular and microbrew. There were also TVs around the bar the catch the college football games.

We went for lunch. On Saturday nights they have live music, so it was probably best that we went for lunch and not dinner that night since I was with my children. Every night they have specials including a wing special my husband was interested in.

The french fries were awesome. They were actually cut potatoes that were fried discs. I wished I had ordered those because they tasted wonderful.

The restaurant is located in the outlet mall area. So we were able to walk around the outlet malls and burn off our meal. The food is reasonably priced more than TGIFRiday's but way less than Bonefish. They also have a selection of fresh fish and have a variety of vegetables for sides if healthy eating/weight loss/ dietary restrictions are a concern. Service was excellent. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Melt in your mouth filet steak and very good side items. Staff was very attentive. Enjoyed dinner and stayed for the awesome band Quik Fix. :)