2,296 results
All reviews historic area sweet tea tazewell hall traditions restaurant folk art guest house parking garage rocking chairs short walk within walking distance main building colonial style breakfast buffet revolutionary city hotel restaurant merchant's square conference center
Reviewed 5 September 2018

This is an excellent hotel. The staff was very professional and attentive. The restaurants on the property were great. The hotel is very clear and the rooms as well. The indoor and outdoor pool near the hotel were nice and perfect after a day of sight seeing. I also liked that this property was dog friendly. We were traveling with a 15 year old dashound and he really was very comfortable here. They also offered shuttles to Busch Gardens and the water park along with various areas of Colonial Williamsburg. We plan on coming back as soon as possible. The gift store also sold wine made in Williamsburg that was excellent.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Coleman W, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Mp J,

Thank you for the positive comments related to the facility, service and staff of the Lodge. We are pleased that we were able to provide a comfortable and enjoyable visit for you and your dachshund. (We love dogs at Colonial Williamsburg our mascot is Liberty, a Briard.) As you mentioned our shuttle service offers an additional amenity for our guests to enjoy various areas of Colonial Williamsburg. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you if travel brings you back to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

My husband and I have always wanted to stay at the Williamsburg Lodge. We are Colonial Williamsburg annual pass holders and travel to the historic area often. This hotel is very convenient to all of the colonial area. When I arrived I was checked in to the hotel right away and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. He upgraded our room--and explained that the hotel had been going through a renovation. He said that the corner rooms were more roomy and contained a king size bed instead of a queen - as well as a sleeper couch. I was thrilled since we planned to stay 3 nights and my husband would be working from the room during our stay. Our room (4373) was very inviting and roomy. I loved the wood floors (although quite squeaky) and the rustic and period style decor. The bathroom was a nice size and had a large shower. We were a bit unsure about 2 large openings at floor level in both the rooms. The openings looked to be vents but for some reason they had been left uncovered and dust and small bits of trash were visible underneath. Perhaps the hotel had planned to change vent covers as a part of the renovation and simply had not got around to it. It was not a huge deal but a little unsightly, especially in the bathroom. The bed was absolutely wonderful with lots of fluffed pillows-- we fell asleep almost immediately every night! The hotel wifi was fast and consistent. My husband had no problems with access and was able to work on his computer from the room. The Keurig was a plus for us--we are quite addicted to ours and it was a little touch of home while traveling! The cleaning staff restocked and kept everything perfect during our stay. Even the toiletries were wonderful. They are made by the spa just across the street--I so wanted to treat myself to a "spa day" but time did not allow so I will have to wait till next time! The problem with this stay and the reason why I could not give a "5" rating for our experience, was the noise in the room. Every few hours the ice maker across the hall made loud noises dropping ice. It woke me up several times. There was also a very loud noise that came from the bathroom wall where the shower was located. The noise seemed to happen mostly in the early morning and we never could figure it out the source. It could have possibly been caused by plumbing pipes or the elevator since it was along the same wall. The entire shower wall vibrated when it happened! All I can say is that the noise was very loud and disturbing and usually lasted about 45 seconds-- startling enough to wake you from a deep sleep - no sleeping late for us! Since we had a corner room we often heard the exit door slamming and the elevator bell along with noise from other guests, but I guess that is to be expected. I must say that the staff at the Williamsburg Lodge are amazing and truly one of the most important assets to this hotel! I lost a pair of glasses and several staff members tried their best to help me find them. Every person on staff greeted us and seemed very genuine! We especially liked the bartender Shannon. He was great and his food and drink recommendations were spot on! Speaking of food, we had dinner at the hotel 2 nights in a row and everything was fantastic. The buffet breakfast is very good as well with a little bit of everything and you can even take it back to your room (many buffet places will not allow take out). The grounds are very pretty and lots of benches and covered areas to protect guests from the elements. I like that valet parking was optional ($15) and there were plenty of self parking options very close by. My husband arrived by train to Williamsburg and the station is a short drive away from the hotel. We also had a very short wait to get an Uber the 2 times we used them during our stay. All in all this was a good stay for us. It could have been an exceptional stay had there been a little more consideration by the hotel for the noise levels and attention to some details. I had considered asking to change rooms after the second day, but it would have been such a hassle since we were all settled in the room. When we return to Colonial Williamsburg, my husband and I would definitely consider staying at the Williamsburg Lodge, but I would choose to not stay in a corner room again in the South Guesthouse.

Room tip: Avoid corner rooms they are very loud
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri C
Coleman W, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Sherri C.

Thank you for your very detailed review of your experience at the Williamsburg Lodge. While we are pleased most of your stay was satisfactory, please accept our apology for the noise from the ice machine and the elevator which did not allow you to rest comfortably at night. Thank you for your comments related to our staff's commitment to make your stay enjoyable. We certainly look forward to your return and will be sure to place you in a room that is quiet.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We are frequent travelers to Williamsburg, but this was our first stay at the Williamsburg Lodge. What a fabulous hotel! Check in was professional and very welcoming. The property is divided into multiple small buildings with just a few rooms each. Room was pristine - seems recently renovated. Bed very comfortable. There was a nice mini-fridge in room for keeping drinks and snacks. Room was spacious with a gorgeous bathroom.

Property is located about a block from the center of Colonial Williamsburg and is an easy walk. There is also a shuttle bus to take guests to various places in town. The property is affiliated with a spa - which we did not use - but the bath products are all from the spa and were very high quality and smelled awesome.

Free parking in attached garage, very helpful to get the car out of the hot summer sun.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer A
Coleman W, General Manager at Williamsburg Lodge, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Jennifer A,
Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your recent visit to Colonial Williamsburg and the Williamsburg Lodge. We are pleased to read that the staff and the facilities impressed you and made your stay more enjoyable. We take an enormous amount of pride in offering an experience that meets the needs of our guests and we are pleased to know we met your expectations. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you if travel brings you back to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was amazing, the reataraunts were both fabulous, the staff was so attentive, and the rooms were so beautiful, cozy and quaint. The location is perfect, making it so convenient to get to CW. I would 100% recommend staying here

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lper0razi0

Dear lper0razi0,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for your recommendation and we are pleased that the staff, the facility, and restaurants met your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again if travel brings you back to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Overnight stop on our way to Georgia. Wonderful stay! Didn’t want to leave. Room was very spacious, clean. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom very clean with plenty of towels. Breakfast buffet in the morning was a little pricey but delicious with plenty of options. Can’t wait to return and will definitely stay longer!

Date of stay: August 2018

Dear missmaggiemae528,

Thank you for choosing the Williamsburg Lodge on your way back home to Georgia. We are pleased that our spacious and comfortable rooms met your expectations. Again, thank you and we look forward to hosting you next time for a more extended visit.

Williamsburg Lodge Autograph Collection