All reviews busch gardens modern hotel turkey sausage egg white omelet chobani yogurt pancake machine whaling company highest floor would stay here again full length mirror continental breakfast was great large flat screen tv bush gardens christmas town super close great property walk in shower
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for an overnight stay for Water Country the next day, arriving late at night. We were pleasantly surprised how pretty the purple glow lights made the outside look. It was very attractive and inviting. The lobby is very pretty. The room was tiny. Very tiny. The breakfast area is way too small and not being adequately replenished by staff. The front desk staff were trying to juggle checkouts and the manage the breakfast area. So it was dirty, tables not clean, countertops filthy, no napkins, food not replenished, etc. They had several squirt type containers of chocolate, caramel & strawberry sauce (used for ice cream for example) but no maple syrup for the waffle maker. And all those guests and only 1 waffle maker? We reached into the cabinet to get some napkins and cups. The breakfast hours are usually limited which also contributed to the excess of people in one small area. It’s usually inadequate management when these things happen. The front desk staff were very nice.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ShanaraG6, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Good Day deborahscottspencer,
We apologize that you had a brief negative view of our Express Start Breakfast. Thank you for your comments and management will investigate your observations as we work to improve the morning experience, including having access to clean tables and items needed to enjoy the first part of your day. Thank you for your valued feedback. Safe travels!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This place apparently is fairly new or at least everything gives that impression.
The room is spotless with two TVS, a couch amid a very large room and the usual coffee machine.

The pool is very nice with comfortable lounges and tables with umbrellas.

There is ample parking and this facility is located right off the roadway near various attractions , restaurants and gas stations as well as Williamsburg itself.

The breakfast was the usual one can expect at these places which means adequate and a decent way to start the day.

No complaints at all here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Good Day Stephen M,
Thank you for providing feedback of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and there are no complaints. Continue to share the good news to friends and family and don't forget to choose us on your next visit to the Williamsburg area. Thank you again for taking the time out to review our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Firstly I will say I read the reviews and this is my first time staying with IHG hotels(I typically go to the Marriott) but I thought this would be a change of scenery.

*The hotel isnt pleasant to look at on the outside.

*The sink is outside of the bathroom and right beside the entrance door so if anyone comes into the room while you are at the sink you will be hit and anyone in the hall can see you.

*There was a cockroach that crawled from the fridge.(I threw my food out)

*Dont count on breakfast! Everything literally broke down and no one knew how to fix it.(pancake machine drinks etc)

*Urine stain on mattress sheet.

*To top things off, I had to go to work and THE MANAGER told me that my card declined on my second night at checkout and embarassed me in front of everyone.Kimberly was at the desk and Kirk Wiggan was the MOD.She called the 3rd party to find out that I did pay and asked the 3rd party how the hotel was supposed to get paid.I was late for work because I work in Nc and had to leave by 7am and I didnt get to leave until 7:30 am dealing with foolishness.
The manager didnt apologize and as she looked into my account she realized that Monica(I believe was her name) had checked me in and charged me for a THIRD night and possibly a fourth night and that I have to wait for it to clear on my card.
This hotel owes me my money plus THREE FREE NIGHTS to fix this or I can just go back to Marriott

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neka W
kirk w, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear NekaW,

Thank you for staying with us. I am shock to hear about your experience at our hotel. We have been open for two years and never had a guest given us a 1 star review. We have a very good pest elimination program and for a newer hotel, your account of roaches seem strange. I am never here at the hotel at 7am nor did I talk to you about a decline credit card and you demanding free nights with threats of going to another brand is not the correct way to get this rectified. Feel free to call me so we can discuss this more in details 757-220-1100.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent checkin hostess, Kimberlyn. She is very professional in appearance and demeanor. Smiles and makes you feel welcome. Full of local information for you when asked. A great experience here today at checkin. Let you know how the bextv6 days go. Based on Kimberlyn's interaction with us, I am sure it will be a perfect stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Day Trvelingstrong813,
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Kimberlyn is what we come to expect from our entire team Great Guest Ambassadors. We will pass the feedback to Kimberlyn, she will be proud of her job well done as we all are. Be sure to make this your home away from home on your next visit to the Williamsburg area

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Spent three nights here. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was also very good. It’s close enough to all the Williamsburg attractions. If in the area again we would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ShanaraG6, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area. We are thrilled to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectation. We hope to see you the next time your in the Williamsburg area. Safe Travels!