“It's home to me!”

The River Market
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in White Stone
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Another one of my favorite places in the Northern Neck. Though the market is a bit shabby, the family owned market takes pride in the community and their customers. Our family loves their sandwiches and the crab cakes. The shrimp and steak tips are very good.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My Wife and I usually hit this place everytime we're in town. I went to my uncles funeral and they catered the food Whew Awesome job!! The first time eating the fried chicken, it's a10 go for anyying on the menu

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017

the take out food was exceptional, especially the bbq, but they had a really good selection of many things. the home made cheesecake was exceptional. they also had a great wine selection at reasonable prices. this is a must stop place

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped by here on a trip down to the river and boy were we in for a treat! This place has delicious lump crab cakes that you can take home, heat and absolutely savor. Their key lime pies are the best I've had - EVER! Normally key lime pies seem way too sweet for me to even consider, but in this one you really taste the cream and the lime! In short, it doesn't taste like sugar overload! I also want to mention the sincere friendliness of the people that work there. They are really so nice, pleasant and helpful! I'll be back again for all the yumminess!!!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I have driven by the River Market many times and not stopped until staying at the Tides Inn. I stopped for a bottle of wine and came out with a feast for dinner- I could not resist the homemade chicken salad, pork loin, steamed shrimp, pizza, ribs, and more. I ended up buying quite a sampler to take to the hotel for in room enjoyment. The staff was amazing and knowledgeable and I really enjoyed a glass of wine while the food was heated/prepared/packaged. The young man at the cash register gave exceptional service and I enjoyed speaking with other staff members and customers about what makes the River Market so special. A must stop if you are in the area!

Date of visit: March 2017