All reviews fire pit full kitchen marriott properties waffles sausage nice hotel would definitely stay here again indoor pool living area outback restaurant parking lot skyline drive the sofa bed front desk staff we've stayed restaurants and shopping fitness center
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Was it when we were roasting marshmallows to make s'mores by the fire pit? Or when we walked over to the adjacent Outback restaurant to get takeout for dinner and enjoyed it al fresco in the courtyard? Or when we made waffles to accompany the scrambled eggs and bacon? Or just simply when we were greeted by every staff member in such a friendly way? I am not sure of the actual moment, but we definitely felt like we were in some faraway luxury resort even though we were just off of I-64 and I-81 at a Residence Inn. We've stayed at many Marriott properties, and for a family stay along the way before continuing on I-81, this hotel is well worth the slight detour on to I-64. Every employee we encountered, from the check-in person to the cleaning staff to the breakfast buffet attendee, made an effort to greet us and ask us how our stay was. Kudos to the management at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Knoxvilletraveller
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Knoxville Traveler ~~

You just made our day. I printed your review and shared with the team at
our morning meeting!! They were smiling all day. Thank you so much.

We truly enjoy our guest and are so happy you had a great stay.
Please come back again to see us.

The fall is beautiful here -- you should come visit then, leaves are beautiful, tons of festivals in the area.

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Almost everything about this hotel is really terrific. The staff are friendly, the design is nice and the hotel/rooms are super clean and well appointed. The rooms are also a great size. The beds are comfy and they have direct-tv so a great selection of programming too.

Two things really make it hard to love though. The first major issue is this hotel was built more like a house than a condo. You can hear people walking in the halls, in the suite above you, everywhere. And I mean walking, not jumping around. It was obviously not built with concrete floors. This would, unfortunately, seem like a problem which cannot be fixed.

Fortunately, the 2nd issue, which seems to be a Marriott brand-wide problem in our experience, is quite easy to fix. On our current trip we have stayed at 3 different brand Marriott properties and the wifi at every,single one was so slow as to not be useful. I switched back to my roaming data and tethered my laptop to my phone instead of putting up with their "free" service. They offer an upgraded service for $7/day. This is unacceptable and shouldn't even be offered as a "perk". Providing something useless for free is no better than not providing it at all. We've stayed at different hotels brand properties and never experienced this poor level of free wifi service. Get with the program Marriott, charging for useable wifi has gone the way of the dodo bird.

The sound issue for us wasn't much of a problem, though we could see it being a problem to people sensitive to sound. The wifi issue was a bigger problem. Our family of 5 all use wifi devices, and do far, it's been disappointing. We're staying at 2 more Marriot brand hotels before our vacation is over. Hopefully we won't have the same experience. But we're not optimistic. If these issues don't matter to you though, we highly recommend a stay at this property.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and you liked the hotel.
I do apologize that the Wi-Fi was slow -- I will defiantly check into that.
I understand that Wi-Fi is very important to everyone these days.
You are correct the walls can be a little thin in modern day hotels. That is
a design issue that I am happy to share up with Marriott.
I do hope you will come back again.
Please feel free to reach out to me when you book. I will do my
best to make sure you are in a quite location. Typically, third floor is the best. (Nobody above you) !! :)

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 18 July 2017

All staff were friendly and most helpful, from the front desk to those working breakfast. Rooms were clean and comfortable. It was nice having a living area separate from the bedroom since I wake much earlier than my wife. The hotel is close to the highway, but we did not hear any road noise. The rooms, however, did not keep noise out from adjacent rooms nor the one above. Breakfast was a typical hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, etc - perfectly fine for the price of a night. Workout room was small, but had modern equipment. We would stay here again when back in this area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at the RI Waynesboro for the past four years and every time it has exceeded our expectations! The location is perfect with restaurants within walking distance (we always go to Outback!), a grassy area to play fetch with our dog, and an amazing indoor pool area that our children LOVE! Dawn Zimmerman and her staff are always the most hospitable, kind, and friendly folks you could imagine. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are always immaculate! We would NEVER dream of staying any where else! After a long 12 hour car ride this RI is every time our traveling oasis!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Traveling Oasis ~~

YAY -- you are the best. Thank you so much for your kind review. We are always happy to have you and your family visit with us.

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I hope the next time you are here we can catch up.

Safe travels...

Best,

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I had been staying at this hotel for awhile and the staff are excellent and world class. The housekeeping staff is great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that expects great service and hospitallity. Malinda was one of my housekeepers and she is great. Julie(housekeeping) is excellent, she is always making sure & asking if everything is okay or if I need anything. The Front Desk staff & Manager are Top notch and are always checking to make sure I"m Satisfied with my stay or if I need anything. Wonderful experience. Would rate the whole staff 10+.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
shdri, General Manager at Residence Inn Waynesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Randy-

Thank you for the awesome review. We are so happy to have you and your
group here with us.
We look forward to seeing you all each day.

You are the BEST !!