Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews afternoon tea the kitchen special occasion worth every penny bucket list once in a lifetime amuse bouche our waiter foie gras main building my wife and i o connell vegetable garden truffle popcorn chef patrick welcome cocktail oatmeal
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2019 via mobile

This has been on my “bucket list” for a long time and now I understand why they receive such high marks and fabulous reviews- because every course was an experience, in and of itself. I have eaten at many top ranked restaurants but can easily say “the best” and the most memorable. I didn’t want the experience to be over!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2019

We stayed here years ago and adored it, every single minute of it. This time was for dinner, eight of us traveled from Alexandria for a special 75th anniversary for our parents who are in their 90s.

We had drinks in the lounge, which is cozy and comfortable even when crowded. Our dinners were all utterly perfect in every way. All three of the tasting menus were chosen by us so we got to see everything offered that evening. It goes without saying that each and every bite was simply out of this world; the wine pairings ranged from delicious chilled whites to awful, syrupy dessert wines, but no matter. The desserts were picture perfect and went down easily, even after all the courses. My parents received golden banners of marzipan with "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate script on their dessert plates. Priceless.

The service is adorable! The plates for each course arrive in a choreographed ballet with each diner at the table being served at precisely the same time. Sauces are drizzled and wine is poured simultaneously and the servers disappear all at once as we sat in an astonished puff of happiness. Every course, every time!

It is not without a breathtaking price however, so deep pockets are necessary to avoid gasping at the size of the check when all is finished. But as Chef O'Connell says "it is worth a special journey" even if you can only go once in a lifetime. Start saving!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 12 February 2019

This visit was the restaurant only. Superb service and epicurean delights throughout from the Caesar salad ice cream (not really ice cream) to the Apparently a Pear (I hate to give away the secret but is is cream cheese shaped pear with champagne chunks of pear!) Entertaining, beautiful and not to be matched. It is not for the faint of heart when the bill arrives as it is expensive, but it is worth it and you certainly do not feel you were taken advantage of.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2019

As a true foodie, we have sampled quite a few great restaurants around the world and this place is very special. The interior decoration was interesting and cozy although the seating space was somewhat tight and close to the next table. The staff was courteous, attentive, and knowledgeable. The sommelier could have provided a bit more information on the wine we chose.
My wife and I selected 2 different cuisine types, the Gastronaut and the Classic menus. For us the Carpaccio of Herb-Crusted Elysian Fields Baby Lamb Loin in the Classic was the best among the rest of the menu. For the Gastronaut, the Seafood Custard with a Fricassée of Lobster and Rock Shrimp Perfumed with Tarragon was the best in its class. The desserts was fantastic especially the Chocolate-Hazelnut Mousse Napoleon. The other menu's dessert 'Apparently a Pear' looked artistically real and appealing although the texture was so soft that the pear collapsed after a first taste. Overall, the experience was great and we truly enjoyed the occasion.

Room tip: There is no cell phone service in this area (at least no Verizon signal available). Fortunately, the restaurant has free wifi.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

This was a birthday gift to me from my husband and I have to say one of the most memorable experiences we have had as a couple. The room was absolutely charming with archway doors and antique furnishings. The dinner we had was honestly the best meal start to finish I have ever had. They of course did the extra little touches since it was my birthday that made it extra special. Breakfast the next morning was amazing as well. Service was excellent and the overall feel was relaxed- not stuffy or pretentious. I can’t wait to go back in the summer when we will be able to walk around outside and experience everything The Inn has to offer.

Date of stay: December 2018