“Ate there with friends recently”

Outback Steak House
Ranked #25 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I think that most Outbacks tend to be pretty much the same with standard quality and service. My wife and I dined there about two weeks ago with two other couples. I had advised one of the men that he could use their call ahead service since there were six of us and this Outback always seems to be busy (had not eaten there in a number of years but have gotten their Takeaway several times). He did call ahead but when we got their, the other two couples were waiting for us and we were immediately seated; the restaurant was not too busy. all together we had the steaks, or chicken on the barbie or salad. All tasted good and there were no complaints. I also indulged in two glasses of red wine which was also fine. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating. She took a photo of us so we could send to family members. I had a gift certif. which made the meal free for the two of us. If you are driving through the area and it is not on a weekend, you may want to stop and eat dinner there. Weekends just seem to be much more crowded.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Returned to Outback at wife's request. As previously reported food good, service excellent, but on this occasion dining room just too noise-ful to carry on a conversation. Noise a combination of usual chit-chat which had to be louder because of extra LOUD "background" music. Music especially annoying not only because it was too loud but because the hip-hop music style was not suited to dinnertime. Why do restaurants fail to adjust the volume and style of the alleged "background" music to the situation at hand?

1  Thank trent w
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I had roast beef, she had shrimp. Roast beef good but perhaps a bit tougher than I had expected. She thought the shrimp ok. Our side salads very tasty. Service excellent and no wait -- I thought "crowd" was a bit off for a weekend evening. We've been to the Outback before and were previously more pleased. Maybe our expectations were a bit too high this time. Will try again soon and see.....

1  Thank trent w
Reviewed 12 September 2017

It's a good default restaurant for us. The food is always good and the service is excellent. highly recommnded.

1  Thank stephenfrench07
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Love the food, hate the wait!!! Not sure why you have to wait all the time. We have been there on holidays and non holidays still have to wait. We call ahead and still have to wait. Miss management at front desk, is all I can think of. But love the food. We will go earlier next time, and call ahead!

1  Thank febfish243