All reviews front desk staff room was clean nice breakfast myrtle beach stayed here for one night stay there again hotel is located very nice hotel bagels hie pet mould couch hampton
Reviewed 23 June 2018

It needs a facelift but in all other respects it is similar or marginally better than the Hampton. Cheaper, better service, better gym, lighter more airy rooms, better beds, quieter fridges, more usable desks for work, better TV. BUT and it is a big one, the first room I was in the bathroom was disgusting. I changed rooms and that bathroom wasn't fab...stains signs of mould etc...but clean. With a facelift this would be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room or don't be afraid to change if the bathroom is unpleasant
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt_Henry
Melinda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Matt_Henry,

Yes we do need a face lift! Good thing we are getting one in months to come! We hope to start in the next 6 to 8 weeks on our full guest room renovation. Thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to showing you the upgrades!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Good location, not quite walking distance to downtown though. The room was a bit musty and dark (why so few and dim lamps?), but overall not bad. The breakfast was disappointing, but if warmed up breakfast meats, old hard boiled eggs, cheapest of the cheap bagels and bread are your thing then it won't bother you. I was sad to see they barely had any fruit out. I'd rather have no breakfast included. At least there were a few coffee carafes going.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Huey L
Melinda W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Huey L,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. While It is great to know that you enjoyed the location, I was concerned to see that we dropped the ball on your room and breakfast experience. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our maintenance & breakfast team to properly address your concerns. Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

With all the good reviews I thought this place was going to exceptionally good. It was just ok.
Good shower and breakfast. Had to get new room because when pulled back sheets, blue fuzz on pillow and sheet. Not sure what it was, but I wasn't getting in that bed. Changed rooms,
And still just ok, but clean, my main concern.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nonna07
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Hi Nonna07,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, your review is important. I'm sorry to hear about the condition of the sheets in the first room. I assure you that this is not a common occurrence and I've raised your experience with the team. This should help us monitor our services and address areas that need additional attention. On the upside, I'm glad you found our shower and breakfast to your liking. It's also great that you were promptly accommodated to a better room.

I hope we get to welcome you back for a chance to make your next overnight more stellar than the last.

Kind regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Warrenton this past weekend, Friday, May 4 and Saturday May 5. Two of the staff members, Denise who handled chick-in late evening on the 4th, and Kodiak who helped with some issues early evening May 5, were very professional and helpful. Both dealt with people in a way that showed they really cared about the guests, and both went out of their way to be helpful.
Thanks Melinda (GM), Denise and Kodiak.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Celia D

Ceila D,

Thank you so much for your kind words about front desk agents Denise and Kodiak! I can't wait to share this with them and the whole team. We hope we get another chance to see you again. Take care!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Our first visit was last July. Second last week for a wedding. I understand that the hotel is now under new management. They have completed renovations to the lobby area, which certainly looks more modern and up to date. Rooms are, well, still in need of updating. PROS- room was clean, quiet, AC unit worked well, TV and remote worked, microwave and small fridge, all excellent. Bed was very comfy. Front desk was pleasant and got me checked in an hour early. CONS- I'm not sure who ever thought it was a good idea to put wallpaper in the bathroom, but it needs a hit of bleach /mold remover. Got quite few spots of staining, peeling. Some rust on the shower floor, and metal hardware. Some staining on the chairs, floor. All in all- none of that is going to ruin an overnight stay or even a few days, it's really just cosmetic. Everything works like it should which is what really matters. I'd stay here again, especially if I'm really only using the room to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Jritm!

It's always a pleasure to welcome you back! We also appreciate your feedback.

We can all agree that details matter, and they can make or break our guests' overall experience. While our renovation was encompassing, there are a few improvements left for us. I'm sorry about the aesthetic issues in your room and bathroom cleanliness.

This is certainly not what we want for you. Because of this, I shared your comments with our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams. I'm sure they'll immediately address your concerns and make sure that they don't reoccur down the line.

Looking at the bright side, thanks for your commendation for our clean and functional rooms. I'm also happy that you find our beds cozy and our Front Desk staff friendly. You can count on us in making sure that we offer only the best in these areas every time.

Once again, thanks for your time. We'll be delighted to have you again, so we can create more exciting memories together!

Safe travels,