“Lunch on the Road”

BBQ Country
Ranked #22 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Was passing through on business and decided to stop in. Had last eaten here maybe 4-5 years ago. Place doesn't look like much, but the food is good, generous platter servings, and reasonable pricing. I had the beef BBQ platter. She chopped it right up there, added 2 sides, and I had a hearty lunch.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch and it was Amazing! The ribs were so good! Love that they chop up thr bbq right in front of you!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

i'm local I don't live far from this location I've driven by several times how many there in a few years. I stop by about 7:15 PM one of the get a rack of ribs and some sides to split with a friend. they had no ribs only a little bit of pulled pork or chicken. The reason I stopped going here was initially that reason several times before I wanted to get a rack of ribs were a few racks of ribs and they didn't have any. I understand place runs out every now and then but this place runs are much too frequently

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Pass this place for years back and forth visiting child at UVA, and always was reluctant because it looked kind of sketchy and was part of a truck stop. But, those truckers know good food as I couldn't stop licking my fingers after ordering the 1/4 chicken (dark) w/slaw (really good slaw too) and collards (never ate those before). Had the spicy bbq sauce and it was really delish! I'll be stopping here again. The restroom was a little iffy though!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

After passing this place for years I decided to stop in and give it a try. I was always reluctant because it's part of a truck stop but what the heck...Anyway, its was surprisingly good. The staff chopped up the pork right there in front of us which was different. They offered two types of sauce, spicy and mild (can be mixed for a third option). Both were catchup based so if you are into the southern vinegar style it is not what you will get here. I happen to prefer the vinegar style but this bbq was very good for what it was. We both had a platter (pork with 2 sides). the baked beans were excellent, the mac and cheese was average, the potato salad was very good. There was a cheesecake that didn't look like much be we decided to try it. Sadly, it was not so good. OH>>>the fountain soda machine has BIRCH BEER - rare around these parts, that was a pleasant surprise. I would eat here again.