“After 15 years in town I finally made it to Cafe Torino & I regret not coming here sooner.”
Review of Cafe Torino

Cafe Torino
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband has been here once before for lunch, but that was many years ago. I'm not sure why he didn't come back sooner, but likely because he thought it was too foo foo for me since I have more plain tastes. The store closes between lunch and dinner, which is I think when we have gone by and saw it was closed. I never got around to looking up the hours so we just never went. I was told by a friend I had to try their steak on Friday nights, it was the best in town. We went this past Saturday and the steak was fantastic! This is a small, family owned restaurant. They have about 11 tables, but must stay fairly busy since they stop seating at 8pm. Thankfully we were able to get a table. The bread they brought us was very good, very fresh, with some rock salt on top with butter and olive oil provided. The waiter was very nice and comfortable to talk to. He was able to find a red wine I would enjoy right off. I ordered a shrimp cocktail, which was served warm (much better than cold!), which I ended up sharing with my family (not my idea). The owners were there, Andrea is the Chef and his wife Amber makes most the pastries. Andrea sat at every table talking with the customers for a couple of minutes. I thought that was very refreshing to see. He's funny and very direct about how you like your food. I made the mistake of asking for my steak medium. LOL He came out, pointed his finger at me and said "You! Medium, huh?" and just looked at me, which made me laugh. I explained I can't have it too red in the middle, pink throughout is great. Then Andrea asked me about the marsala sauce I wanted without mushrooms. He asked what about the mushrooms I didn't like, texture or taste? I said texture. Andrea asked if he could cook the sauce with the mushrooms and then remove them, which I said was fine. I would have picked them out myself, but since the waiter asked I told him without. Andrea went off to cook our dinner. I turned to my husband and said we will never be bringing my Mom here because she would order her steak well done. The waiter overheard and said Andrea wouldn't cook a steak well done. LOL I agree, why ruin a perfectly good cut of meat? Anyway, our steaks were fantastic, but I was glad I had my sauce on the side as it would have been too much for me. The grilled/broiled(?) squash was really good and I don't normally care for it. The mashed potatoes were good as well. My husband ordered the Horseradish Crusted filet mignon medium rare and LOVED it. It cleared out his sinuses, but he loved it. He also enjoyed the squash, mentioning he would eat mine thinking I wouldn't like it. Too bad! The food was a bit too fancy for our 11 year old daughter as well (like mother like daughter I guess) so they asked what she liked, chicken alfredo, and then made it. They had no problem making accommodations for us, which I greatly appreciate although I normally try not to be difficult. For dessert you get to go look in the display and pick your dessert, which changes periodically. I ordered the Key Lime Tart, which was really good. My husband had the Tiramisu, which he said was wonderful. My daughter had two chocolate petit fours (not made by Amber), which were also good. My daughter loved her dinner so much she wants to come back for her birthday. My husband is already looking forward to coming back to try the chicken Dijon and I'm looking forward to coming back again as well.

1  Thank JenCinVA

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The wife and I decided to try this place for lunch. It is a quaint little cafe and bakery. We ordered at the counter then sat down at a table. I ordered the pennette with mushrooms in a truffle oil sauce. It was at first very aromatic with the truffle oil sauce and the portion was perfect. The pasta was fresh and the entire dish was amazing. The wife had Penne with chicken and asparagus in a cream sauce. It was cooked perfect and the flavors were spot on.
This is a family owned and run restaurant so don't let the small interior fool you the food is outstanding. We both wondered why we have not found this sooner. Can't wait to go back and try more dishes. Highly recommend trying this spot for lunch or dinnner.

1  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Perfectly prepared and tasty cuisine are a consistent outcome by Andrea (chef and co-owners) and Amber Ferraro.

Excellent food and even better service make this Italian restaurant one of the best in the area.

Pastries are uniformly superior as well.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This venue is great for couples as well as for groups of friends. The food and wine are excellent so is the service. The owner/chef will stop by your table to chat and make sure your experience is up to par. Highly recommended for visitors and locals alike. Fresh farm to market food and fresh baked pastries bring folks back time and again.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

consistent nice lunch and occasional dinner. truffle mushroom pasta is the favorite, foccacio sandwiches excellent, even breakfast eggs and bacon are delicious. nice baked goods. very good quality for the price. pastas and dinner specials change over time. pretty good job on catering lunches, etc.