“Ooh la la!”

Gateaux Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #23 of 31 Bakeries in Virginia Beach
Description: Gateaux Bakery & Cafe is a french inspired bakery offering decadent cakes (Birthdays, Weddings & special events), pastries, scones, cookies, desserts, pies, macarons, assorted artisan breads and so much more. We feature fresh-made breakfast sandwiches & quiche in the mornings with gourmet sandwich options for lunch.
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Our first visit will not be our last. Delicious pastries. We split a chocolate bear claw. Flakey pastry with just the right amount of dark chocolate. Also purchased an almond bear claw and chocolate scone for later. Sorry no picture. We enjoyed it too much!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I have to warn you I love a good Bakery and am really disappointed when they don't live up to my expectations. This one did not live up to my hopes and is very expensive for what is provided. I tried the Almond and the Chocolate Croissants, the Bear Claw, and one of each of every Macron they produce. I shared them when I got home and my opinion was agreed upon by them as well. The Chocolate Croissant was good but sadly lacking in the Chocolate filling, the Bear Claw had no taste, the Almond Croissant tasted like it was filled with Crisco and the Almond Paste if that is what it was, was very low quality. The Macron were good to very good but very expensive compared to other stores. So I hope you have better luck, but I will not be back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I had the Brown bag lunch consisting of turkey, melted cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato on a very flaky warm croissant, with a side of potato salad, bottled water and two macadamia cookies for $8.00. It was excellent and I took one half of the sandwich home which was still good that night.
I had a choice of chicken salad, turkey, ham, Swiss or cheddar cheese, croissant or sour dough bread. Potato chips or potato salad, bottled water or canned soda.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank DirTrans
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This bakery does a great ricotta blueberry bread. Yummers.
They also do bear claws in many flavors. French macaroons and cookies. They have a lunch menu.
And it's easy to park there. Everyone who works there is very nice and helpful.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank GloriaMunday
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

The flavor of the food is delicious.Presentation is beautiful.They are getting better in cafe but need more training waiting on people it is still showing . The food comes out quickly. They are now open at 630am for breakfast.I will gladly stop by for pastries.

Date of visit: March 2017