1,111 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolfront deskone bedroom suitemake your own wafflesfree breakfastsitting areayogurthousekeeping staffparking garagehigh floorbreakfast barsofa bedcheck in was a breezesmall balconymini fridgegreat view of the oceanearly check
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This hotel was clean; the rooms were very well maintained, pretty and comfortable. The breakfast was free and good and plentiful, everything from make your own waffles to yogurt and granola. It was a cold weekend that we stayed, and the kids loved getting into that hot-tub. The pool room felt nice and warm just to hang out in. There was a great hot beverage station with a good herbal tea selection. The staff was very friendly. There is no bar. I am not sure if they serve food in the off season, actually. I did not notice a restaurant. You don't really need one, though, because there are all sorts of dining options just outside the door. Mahi Mahs a few buildings south was wonderful. Now through January 9th (I think), the board walk closes from 5pm-midnight, and becomes a drive-through festival of lights. That is fun, but you can not stroll the boardwalk or the bike trail in the evenings, you have to walk to places street-side. Overall, this Hotel was much nicer than I expected for the money. I have never stayed at a SpringHill Suites before, and quite frankly I find it much nicer than the Marriott that I stayed at last Spring, just north up the boardwalk for triple the price.

Room Tip: Every room is Oceanfront
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KimandMitch
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. Hopefully for your future visits we can arrange for warmer weather for you! See you next time!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

As the title states, my family and I love this place! This property has become our annual beach destination and we're excited to hopefully return again this coming summer, Lord willing.

As frequent travelers my wife and I are both admittedly picky about where we stay and this hotel has hit the mark each of the past three years. Each summer we leave this hotel wishing we'd booked a longer stay but excited to return the following year.

We appreciate many things about the property itself including the fabulous location, cleanliness, quality, comfort and decor of the suites, indoor and outdoor pools, delicious hot breakfast, pool/beach side restaurant and more.

We also continue to be impressed by the staff. Across the board from the GM, AGM, front desk, housekeeping, servers, cooks, etc, they do it right! As one of our kids has many food allergies, we're particularly appreciative of the breakfast and poolside restaurant staff patiently assisting us with determining what items are safe for our daughter to eat. That means a lot to us!

If you're considering this property for your next Virginia Beach vacation, look no further.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your return visit! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I am glad we have delivered consistent service. I'm so pleased our breakfast meets the needs of your family We look forward to seeing you again for your next vacation! Take care and have a peaceful and prosperous year!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I came to this hotel on Nov 17, the staff was very nice! Roshad was great! Though everyone was nice the room had very little heat and the problem was not solved (stayed at 68) even after speaking with the fixit man. I also was told that my card would not get charged since I paid cash for the hotel and my card was still charged. I asked a day before and the day of for a late check out and they "could not fine the request" We did however speak with the GM and worked it out. Other than that the room was perfect! The view that we had was priceless!! I will be returning. Just really need to get that heat fixed we were very cold and had extra blankets. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff, specifically Rashawn, was accommodating during your stay. I do apologize that you experienced issues with the heat in your guestroom, but we have since rectified the problem in that particular room and look forward to your visiting again the next time you are in Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed here for 2 days of business in the low season and got a very good rate. Hotel was not crowded and the pleasant staff honored my request for a room on the upper floors, where the views of the beach and ocean are better. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the mini-kitchen was convenient. The patio overlooking the ocean was enjoyable. The complimentary breakfast was better than a lot of hotels, with a number of hot items. The business center was larger than what many hotels provide, and the wireless connection worked well in my room. Parking is convenient directly in front of the hotel on Atlantic Ave, and it was very convenient to stroll the well lit boardwalk at various times of the day and night on the beach side of the hotel. There are a number of shops and restaurants on the southern part of Virginia Beach within a very short walking distance. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Upper rooms have better views of the beach and ocean
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank alashas
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your visit. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We look forward to being your hotel of choice whenever you are in Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Hotel is centrally located on Virginia Beach, with many close restaurants of all kinds, and shopping centers within ten minute drive. Hot coffee and tea available in lobby at all hours, and breakfast was very good. Indoor pool was great, especially since it was in the 40's outside. Our two room suite was clean and had nice kitchenette area.
The hotel staff really made this stay special for us.
My son, tired, worn and hauling two sea bags after an 8 month deployment on USS Enterprise arrived with me at hotel around noon. The desk staff I think sensed his fatigue, and checked us in right away..Later that evening after a good sleep, we called down and asked where a wash/dry/fold might be found. The clerk said "I don't know, but let me make some calls". About a half hour later, he called our room and said "no luck", followed by "how about if I take your things home. I'll wash them, and bring it back to you in the morning". I was floored. We would never impose, but were very touched by his kindness. Marvelous customer service! I look forward to staying here on my next visit to Oceana.

Room Tip: Two room suites have nice layout. Bathroom is divided into two different areas, with sink only in a dressing area and sink/shower/toilet in other area. Doors from both rooms lead to bathroom.. Doors are thick, so you don't hear bathroom user at night :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pilot2643
SpringHillVBManager, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for your very kind words and review of your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and I am pleased this made a positive difference in your experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the naval base!