“Rockfish Done Right!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I've been to The Icehouse before, almost a year exactly from the date listed above for this review, and I can tell you they are consistently great. I usually go on Thursday evenings, when visiting, in the hopes of seeing Jack Becker preform, but they do have other bands that come in to play, whom are just as good. Their food excels with great taste, great quality, and there is a nice variety on their menu. I've tried almost everything, but I usually come back to the rockfish! Ron, their chef, is an amazing person, who hails from New Orleans, and his cooking rocks my socks off. Also, you have to try the House Dressing!! If I could take this home with me on the plane, I would load up on the stuff. So yummy. The atmosphere is casual, friendly, comfortable. The servers are all wonderful people. When you go, say hi to Doug and Tommy, the owners. They are two of the best people you will ever meet. (I will be visiting there, tomorrow, actually. Can't you tell I love it?)

1  Thank Wellville

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Located on Norfolk Avenue, just a few blocks from the beach, Icehouse offers a variety of menu items that are sure to please everyone in your party. We are regulars and have enjoyed the ribs, the pork chops, the crab cake sandwich, the fajitas, the meatloaf, the hamburgers and more. The price is right, the portions generous and the staff accommodating. The owner is nearly always on site and often stops by to say hello. There is nothing pretentious or fancy about the Icehouse. Come as you are and enjoy a local's favorite in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Lots of really good places to eat at Va. Beach. This is just average at best.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Went with family in the summer. Great food, decent prices, excellent service. Waitress went out of her way many times for us.
Not great views or fancy.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Just back from week in Virginia Beach. Had birthday dinner at Icehouse. Birthday few days earlier, but waited to celebrate just so we could eat there. Glad I waited... GREAT as always.
Love the fact you can get off the "strip" and eat at more of a local establishment.
Thanks Icehouse for never being disappointing and for another great birthday dinner.