“A MUST VISIT!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I saw the restaurant on a TV commercial and it stirred my curiosity.
As soon as you walk in you see the"meat locker" which you see the tomahawk ribeye, an amazing sight to say the least. As we walked through the restaurant you pass the kitchen which you see the TLC they spend on their dishes. I wanted to try a piece of everything.
Our server was friendly and most importantly attentive!
We started with the oysters Rockefeller. They were succulent and some of the best we have had. The she crab soup was just as good too. Even the bread was warm and freshly made.
We had the 48oz prime rib medium rare and we were not disappointed. It was well prepared, seasoned and cooked. It melt in my mouth.
My family had the seafood Alfredo which was a large portion and delicious.
The drinks were equally as good. They made a great old fashioned.
If you're in the area you have to come here and eat.
You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It was not my choice to be at the Aberdeen Barn. A group was having a dinner meeting there. Having been before with family [it is better when someone else is picking up the check!] I knew the items were overpriced. The crab soup was on special for $5, so I tried it...it's not the best in the area. I ordered the Seafood Alfredo, because at 29.90, it is one of the cheaper menu items and I hadn't had pasta in a while. It was mostly broccoli. There were 5 shrimp and two [2] scallops in the dish. The only good thing is the salad.
How anyone affords this place and thinks it's good is beyond me.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The only time I go to this restaurant for celebrating a special occasion because of the cost. Tonight, we celebrated my birthday by having a delicious steak, mushrooms in wine, baked potato, and a salad.
We both have a 5 ounce filet mignon which was cooked to perfection for each of us, my date warning hera medium well and myself medium rare.
I also had a cup of she crab soup which was loaded with back fan crabmeat. Very tasty. This is an old establishment and has stood the test of time. Unfortunately, the place can become very crowded and the tables are somewhat close. The wait staff is excellent and the presentation was perfect. I also like the way the steak is served on a hot skillet so that the meat remains warm during the entire meal.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I read the reviews and thought this would be a nice place to eat. I was wrong. To start with I ordered a bottle of wine from their wine list. I was the told they didn’t have it. However what they did suggest an alternative. The wine offered in place of the one I wanted didn’t even come close to what I had requested. The service was aloof and distant. At times seem bothered that we had an opinion of our own. Such as when I didn’t want the inferior bottle of wine. The prime rib was inedible, didn’t send it back fearing an argument. The filet mignon tasted like it was cooked in a dirty skillet, again kept our mouths shut. The mashed potatoes had more salt in them than I use in a month. The only saving grace was the pub cheese on the table. Paid the check and left. We have no intentions of going back, even if the meal were free.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here twice with family members who are regulars here. The ambience feels, well, like a barn...Like a barn hosting a restaurant scene from an early 90s mafia movie. Intense reds, medium lighting and tables that are arranged for maximum seating, minimum comfort, and plenty of unintended elbow rubbing make for easily the most (unnecessarily) claustrophobic dining room I’ve noticed in the area. While the food itself is barely above average in taste and of varying quality, the portions are above average, far above average even, and the prices are well above average. Oddly, even though they did have the best oysters I’ve had in VB recently, I was surprised to see this listed in the “fine dining” section of Yelp.

More simply put, this is exactly what Golden Corral would create if they decided to test build one of those upscale offshoots.