“A bit of the Caribbean in VA Beach”
Review of Maracas Caribbean Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Visited for lunch after seeing "Caribbean' in the rear view mirror off VA Beach Blvd...We walked in and were welcomed by customers and staff, alike. MIL's scotch bonnet hot sauce was "to die for"...hot and spicy! And, yes there is jerk chicken on the menu...and specials off the menu include soups and curry goat, which is my fave rave to be sure.

1  Thank Kaylagrrl
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I live in NY surrounded by Caribbean people so with that being said I had great homestlye food .. I must say this is as close to home cook food one can get in this area,... .the service was above average they made you feel as if you were a regular customer I loved it reminded me of home I am glad the Hampton roads area open a place like this I will be back ....

1  Thank gotayj
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Worst Caribbean food I ever had. Too pricey and totally dis-satisfied with the quality of food. There are better places in Hampton roads which are way cheaper. Very limited menu - they dont even have Jerk chicken on the menu! Ended up with a feeling of wasting money when we left the place. Difficult to find. Service was ok.

Les G, Owner at Maracas Caribbean Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Sir, I am concerned, confused and shocked that your experience here at Maracas was unpleasant. I had no clue from the empty plates and picture taking that you felt that way. When you use words like bad food and horrible restaurant, as a owner who takes pride in introducing a new style of Caribbean cusine to the target market, we at Maracas take it to heart. As a family owned buisness, we are up close and personal with our customers on a daily basis. There is NEVER a day that you will visit Maracas that you would not find my wife or I up front at our establishment. Our heart and pride is in every dish, drink that we serve. We are nothing without our customers and our supporters. I understand that everyday is not perfect however, if you had given us any indication that you was dissatified, I would have made it right or paid you for you time. I wish you would have said something to me one of the several times that I came over to check on you are your guest. Our repetition and brand is everything to us. Just know to all families, friends and future customers that ever you feel anything other than satisfied with you visit to Maracas we are available to make things right! We work hard to earn your business and your loyality.