“Clean and nice but...noisy”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This Hotel looks gorgeous from every angle. It is very tastefully presented from lobby to every inch of the room, We stayed on the top floor, jacuzzi room and the view was spectacular. All the basics in check, clean and comfortable and tasteful. All employees encountered were very polite and helpful.
The negatives:
no onsite restaurant, just a snackbar
noise from the halls was tremendous, enough to wake you from a sound sleep
balcony close enough to "neighbor" that you could climb over.
In short, I would not return, while pretty is nice from the outside it doesn't mean a thing without a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bleythe
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Thank you for your review - your insight is valued. Our rooms with the jacuzzi are especially relaxing and the top floor provides a panoramic view of the ocean. The Market provides snacks, sodas, and adult beverages. Our Bistro provides hot food items like breakfast sandwiches, soups, and cold sandwiches and wraps. Also, as we proceed into the winter season, it is the perfect time to come in for a quieter stay. If you are ever in the area again, during this time period, I hope you contact me directly so we can better accommodate your needs. Thank you, again, and safe travels.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I do normally stay at the Marriott. This Marriott is beautiful, the service is great, there is a free breakfast buffet every morning.

Downfalls, the room needs to be dusted especially where you sit at the desk where the phone is located and I found a few interesting things in my bathroom. I would probably stay here again, the hotel is very eager to please you. There was plenty of restaurants and stores along with a walkway along with beach.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank New England A
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you very much for your review on this site! I'm so glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us! With many group reservations or "stay for breakfast" rates, our guests can take advantage of breakfast already included in the rate. I've spoken with our housekeeping staff about your comments and we hope we can make your stay more satisfactory next time you visit us. And, you are absolutely correct - there are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance for our guests to enjoy an evening out. Here, at the Courtyard North we are eager to please and we look forward to your return!

A note to other trip advisor users: At this time of year, our breakfast buffet is typically closed; arrangements can be made, however, for groups who book with us. I encourage our guests to take advantage of our Bistro for breakfast as it is open daily from 630am to 10am (also open for happy hour, 5pm to 7pm, and dinner from 5pm to 10pm). We even offer Starbucks 24-7!!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We have stayed at this Courtyard many times over the last 2 years. I believe the service has gotten better during this time. Friendly service, good sized rooms, all with a sea view. We enjoy the location on the nicer north beach and the views.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tellus9
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us again. We strive to ensure our guests are comfortable and relaxed during their vacations. All of our rooms offer an oceanfront view of the north side beach and our location provides a quiet separation from the busier parts of the beach strip. I hope you book with us the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We went there just after irene.
They had a little bit of water in the room but really less then the other hotels in the oceanfront.
The personnal was really nice, the room was large and we really enjoy the outdoor pool, for sure the best one of the beach! there is a bar by the pool...a little bit expensive but we appreciated it.

We recommand this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Darthfather
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the outdoor pool and bar! It will re-open in the spring. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again for your next vacation in Virginia Beach!

Reviewed 8 October 2011

My wife and I spend a weekend here every February. We live approximately 2 hours away and this location serves as a great winter escape. The rooms and lobby are constantly being kept up to date and the service is outstanding. Every room has a balcony overlooking the ocean. The hotel is one of the last going north so it is sort of away from all the crowds yet great restaurnats are still within walking distance. One year we checked in and after about two hours we had to leave and return home for a family emergency. While checking out we told the front desk that everything was fine with the hotel however we had to return home for and emergency. Approximately one month later when I checked my bank account I discovered that I was never charged for the room. I called the hotel and asked why because I was certain that once I checked in that was it and the money was gone. The manager informed me that once she heard we had to leave so soon she decided to not accept our payment. All she asked was that the next time we visit VA beach that we consider staying with her hotel. Don't worry! This kind gesture that probably didn't cost the hotel much in lost revenue has surely paid them back 10 fold. Customer service trumps all.

Room Tip: all rooms have an ocean view. Most of the two room suites are on the corners and have views of the...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff works hard to ensure guests are comfortable and can relax during their stay at the Oceanfront. Your room tips are much appreciated. And, we look forward to seeing you again for your winter stay!