“Not quite Ramen”
Review of Kappo Nara Ramen

Kappo Nara Ramen
Ranked #445 of 1,519 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 21 November 2019 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food was average, service was good.

The Yakitori was bits of chicken that was not grilled on a coal grill but on a flat top grill and smothered by terikayi sauce. The ramen was underwhelming, the bamboo shoots were out of a can.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 26 January 2019

Had take out here and it was fantastic. We are always looking for places to eat and we are adding Kappo Nara Ramen to our list of go to places. The broth was excellent.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I went back with a friend, is either family or friends that I always bring back to this local hidden gem. I love my ramen but I go nowhere else except here to have the finest ramen.
The folks here are nice, food is prepared and served promptly and the price is just about right, they could adjust prices a bit down to be more competitive.

My friend had the house ramen, he loved it, despite the fact that he is a self professed non-ramen eater. Suffice it to say, he was so impressed he promised to come back with his girlfriend.

Thus place is a hidden gem.
Come in and check it out!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank JavyMedina
Reviewed 15 August 2018

My daughter and I stopped in for a bowl of noodles. Her first time, I have been a few times before. I had the Kappo Nara House and she had the fried chicken ramen. There was a very good amount of shrimp, clams and scallops. This place is has REALLY good noodles. Also ordered the Oshinko, a side of different pickled vegetables. Having been married for 53 years to a Japanese lady, I think I know a bit about ramen. Will go again, and again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018

This place is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
The menu items we ordered had distinct and savory flavors with large portions. The service was pretty-good considering they had a full house on a Thursday night but the food still arrived reasonably fast and piping hot. The atmosphere of the Kempsville location was lively yet not too loud. The décor and small size are reminiscent of the “real” Ramen houses in Japan. I would definitely recommend this place if you are seeking a place with delicious authentic ramen.

Date of visit: August 2018