See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Be very aware of this establishment. We arrived at 3:am to a horrible mess. Room 268 which was supposed to be a "very comfortable room" but had no working lights other than the bathroom. No remote for the TV so we could not turn it on. No telephone in the room so no wake up call. Steps cracked and broken a hazardous situation if you have on heels. Carpet unravelled lying in the parking lot and on the steps. A buzzing noise that went on for at least 45 minutes. Maid knocked on door at 9:00 for -checkout is 11am. Told her lights out she went to get a bulb never came back. Jacuzzi tub jets didn't work. Ironing board but no iron. Check out was another nightmare. How can you be so rude to people paying your salary? A repairman who is sick of the maids not doing their job!! I've heard it all. Sorry I can't give it a 0. The previous reviews have to be bogus. I saw no renovation anywhere!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of free breakfast (in a rush) and WiFi. WiFi didn't work and front desk said reset required manager action and manager was gone for the day. Wasn't able to finish business presentation for following day submission. Next day went down for breakfast. Horrible...3 frozen waffles in a tray, week old muffin, stale bagle and no coffee or juice. Bed was not comfortable and floor squeaked with each step. Check in was disappointing....extremely cold night and I was made to wait outside in the cold and wind while night desk clerk ran between window and front desk (about 60 feet) to check me in. Had to wade between cleaning staff huddled around front desk in order to check out. Very disappointing stay.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
S C, Front Office Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

We do our best to make sure that customer service is our number one priority. We regret to hear that you stay with us here at the Magnuson Hotel unpleasant. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I'm working in the area. They are renovating at the moment and I paid a little more to get into one of the newer rooms. Compared to the older ones the new rooms just looks so refreshing! I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

We are elated that you got to experience and enjoy some of the new renovations we have in the store for our guests. When our guests suggest to us ways to make their stay here more pleasurable we do listen, there is much more to come.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Traveled to Virginia Beach to see family and take care of some family affairs. Cannot believe how much the area has changed with growth. Difficult to find some of the areas we were looking for. Weather turned out to be cold but at least no SNOW.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We had a good stay there. The room was really big and clean and the bed was soft. There is also a Japanese sushi restaurant right at the hotel. The only problem I could find is their pillows being a bit smaller than I wanted them to be.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple