See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016

The accommodation was crappy for $172. No blankets, bad room location overlooking the garbage. I think we could have gotten better accommodations. Too far from pool and lobby. It's a rundown motel should not call itself a hotel. Breakfast could have been better. Too crowded and small. Will stay elsewhere next time. Would not recommend. Bathroom dirty. Asked for nonsmoking and got a smoked in room.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

I am sorry to hear that your accommodations were not to your liking. We welcome any suggestions that you may have to better our amenities for our guests. Please contact us directly.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Internet was super spotty and the rooms are pretty small but for the price over a busy weekend, I couldn't really complain. There's a bit of a sketchy feel to the place when you walk in and it's not really around any attractions, but I warmed up to it. Definitely not a place for a family but for my friends and I, (age 18-22) it was fine.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

We here at the Magnuson Hotel are displeased to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. If brought to our attention we would have tried our best to accommodate you with a different room.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I paid for 2 rooms at the hotel via hotels.com, however, the front desk staff charged me again for the night. Despite the fact that I told her I already paid for it via hotels.com. I requested a refund right away, 3 weeks later nobody took any action or bother to call me back.
Also, below is my experience at your hotel.
One of our rooms was smelling like marihuana and did not have enough towels (only one big towel). The 2nd room’s sheets were not made. Looks like somebody slept in them. We also noticed in the morning that one bed’s sheets were stained in blood in the middle (very large area). It was covered with the cloth in the middle so we did not know about it right away. We also received one room key. We were told she does not have enough key to give us two for each room. The staff also was not very friendly. We asked for early check in at around noon for one room, we were pointed out at the clock and told that the check in is at 3pm and declined any earlier check in. It is difficult to believe that out of 144 rooms not a single one was ready at noon, but we accepted it as check in is at 3pm. I cannot complain about the check in time, only about the lack of professionalism with the front desk clerk.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Room was clean and front desk person was very friendly. Beds were hard as a rock One setting for water in the shower, hot with little pressure. The toilet was loose. Do not waste your money on this hotel. Spend a little more money to stay at a better hotel and feel rested in the morning.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

I went to the pool with my child and there was a group of very loud and vulgar people, swearing and blowing their noses in the water. We left the pool area. I parked my car where others were parked instead of on the secluded end where my room was, and while unloading my car a man followed me back and forth in his truck, hanging out of it watching me and smiling and trying to talk to me. I felt unsafe and called the desk. Even when they said he was gone, he drove by again very soon after. Although I already paid for the night I left anyway out of fear.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family