All reviewscalypso barroom was cleanlovely beachfrontmodern furnitureloading and unloadingqueen suiteacross the streetfront desk staff were very friendlyattached restaurantvisited virginia beachsliding doorsummer vacationoff seasonwi finice poolwould stay againfirst floor
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The staff were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. They helped in every way possible. Definitely would recommend!!! We were there for our delayed honeymoon and a wedding. Easy access to local place to eat and shop.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tammy B, General Manager at Surfbreak Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy we were able to provide a getaway for your Honeymoon.
We will share your comments and do hope to see you again if your in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Upon our arrival at noon time, they allowed us to check in early. The room on the second floor had an awesome view of the ocean and you could hear the waves with the balcony door open. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The restaurant next door was quite popular and extremely crowded on the weekend. We didn't eat there, but were told it was delicious. This hotel did not have complimentary breakfast, but the staff was extremely nice and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our view on 2nd floor was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Tammy B, General Manager at Surfbreak Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your exoperiance with our hotel. I di hope to see you agin next year.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here because it was inexpensive, but it turned out to be real nice. The room was huge and had ocean and pool view. We were on the first floor and the sliding glass door opened onto the pool deck. The parking is a block away, which was a little inconvenient. There was also no breakfast, but the had excellent coffee in the lobby all the time. We would go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay!!
We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

My son and I stayed here just because we have never visited Virginia Beach. We only stayed the night, after driving 12 hours - but we will come back! The staff was friendly - and I was given a gift bag on checking in because I am a loyal Choice Hotel member! Water, chips, cookies - all in a lovely gift bag with the manager's business card. Way to make me feel appreciated!

Our suite was beautiful and very roomy. Our view was great, too. I walked across the boardwalk to the beach, then came back and took a quick dip in the pool. My son walked & ran the Boardwalk, and we shopped across the street. So many things to do here!

We had dinner in the attached restaurant and enjoyed the open air view of the beach while dining and listening to live music. The service was great, too! After a great night's sleep, we returned in the morning for breakfast and again had great service - and a great breakfast. I recommend the grits!

All in all this hotel had it all - great clean, roomy rooms, great view from our balcony, good food, and great, friendly service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Tammy B, General Manager at Surfbreak Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to wright about your experience here at our hotel. We are so happy that you and your son enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the area in the short time you were here. We do hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in the area in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The Surfbreak Oceanfront Hotel was absolutely perfect. A great location, great room, EXCELLENT staff, engineers inflated my quack quack rafts!! Free laundry, free parking, sunrise view from my pillow... absolutely awesome!! I will always stay here when I visit VB.

Thank you all at Surfbreak - ya'll ROCK!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at our hotel. We are so happy that you our staff was able to help with your rafts and that the sunrise was great!! We look forward to seeing you again.