All reviews free bikes no elevator continental breakfast third floor room small hotel would definitely stay here again parking is tight older hotel coffee maker nice pool yogurt clean rooms staff was very friendly and helpful atlantic avenue off season trip to virginia beach family vacation
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Econolodge for 5 days with my kids. Although it's an older hotel it has been redone and only has 3 floors but all the rooms face the ocean I stayed on the first floor and had a patio with view on the Ocean and the boardwalk what was one of the most important things for me. I enjoyed my stay tremendously the only thing to maybe better is the breakfast although bagels and cereals are not bad it would be nice if something else was offered

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review we appreciate the kindness! We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and glad you enjoyed the views. Our breakfast is a true continental, and as we do not have a restaurant kitchen will likely remain so. It works for a quick start to the beach, but eggs and bacon it is not. Thanks so much for staying with us, we hope to have back next time you need a beach break.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My family and I had reservations in Florida during prime summer time, July 4th week. We found out the Tuesday prior to our trip that our room not be available due to hurricane damage sustained the fall before. We were devastated, and horrified that we would not be able to due a beach trip for that time without taking out a small loan or refinancing our house . . LOL! We decided to forgo the travel and being at the beach on July 4th, so we did a Thursday-Tuesday trip to keep the cost down. I called a few hotels and was not pleased with the service, then I called and spoke with Art at the Econo Lodge. He told me about the amenities of the hotel, the room rates, and my total. He had excellent customer service, and did not seem bothered by all my questions (even when I called back). We had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before. We are so glad we booked this hotel.
The Art, Dominique, and another lady assisted us at the desk - always excellent service. The property has bikes on site to check out and ride - wonderful amenity. The pool was clean and always clean, pool towels available at the desk. We (family of 4) only used two beach towels the whole time we were there. Location to the beach, the boardwalk, and to restaurants/shops was ideal. Our car did not move the entire stay. The housekeeping ladies, and the maintenance man, Chris, were great. I am telling you, this is a great place to stay. We have already recommended it to several family and friends.

Room Tip: Be aware, you are near the Airforce Base, so jets do go over mainly during the day. Does not have elevator, but only 3 floors.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! Everybody here really appreciates the kind words and sends their thanks. We are sorry you were unable to make your vacation as planned, but delighted that you found us and enjoyed your trip. We hope we get to see you back for your next beach trip!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This is not a fancy hotel but it is clean and the staff was wonderful and the location cannot be beat. Note that there is no elevator, though there are only 3 floors. Our 3rd floor room was immaculate, though dated. The balcony was perfect for people watching and the pool was heated. Bicycles are available to guests. Breakfast is minimal, bagels, muffins and cereal, the coffee was very good. All staff was courteous and professional. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen V
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found that the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Our staff truly appreciates your compliments. I am a fortunate manager to have found some wonderful people to work with. We thank you again for your business and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

What a gem! Each room looks out on the ocean and is only steps away from the beach. There are also patios if you want to just dit in tbe shade and watch the people and bijes on the boardwalk. The staff are so very helpful and friendly. We would not hesitate to come back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui P
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff really appreciates the kind words. We are grateful to know you would come back to stay again and we look forward to seeing you. Thanks again!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

the staff were very friendly and helpful. the rooms were very clean and staff friendly. pool, bicycles, breakfast were a plus. will stay here again. we were there for beach music festival which was within walking distance which we liked ocean just steps away. .Went to Abby Road to eat which is a Beatles theme and was really good. There are two restaurants on both sides of the motel which were really good and didn't have to drive.

Room Tip: we had bottom floor with an end room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts about your recent stay. We are grateful for the kind words and are all happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will keep the pool warm and the bicycles rolling for your next visit. Thanks again!