All reviewsfront deskoverflow lotacross the streetoverflow parkingindoor pooloff seasonocean viewchecking inbalconyboardwalkhousekeepingmicrowavesandhousekeeperdolphinstrash
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel for 2 nights. Upon our arrival everything went smooth. However the rooms are disappointing. Our first room had a musty odor as soon as we walked in. Followed by 3 large stains on the chair. We were issued another room. In this room our "Ocean view" is blocked. After several hours of waiting, nothing was done other than a $50 credit. They really just shouldn't have rented out this room in the first place - and were paying for it literally.

We normally love Holiday Inn hotels but we are very disappointed on this stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Amy Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thanks so much for staying with us for your trip to Virginia Beach . We definitely want you to enjoy your stay and and will reach out to you to find a room that allows you to have the beach vacation you expected. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to talking to you soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I just want to give a huge shout out to Miss Wendy, Miss Stacy and Mr Jason! When we went on vacation last year these three employees made our stay to the most comfortable and fitting as much as possible with their ability. Mrs Wendy, as the manager was so considerate and friendly and really helped us with our minor hiccups. They were all so appreciate and nice just as soon as we walked through the sliding doors. I know I am late at writing this review and I hope that you still employee these employees, as they par better then some other hotels that I have stayed at along the boardwalk. I like to think better late then never. It says a lot, I still remember their generosity and hospitality a year later. That means a lot for who they are and says a lot for whom you employee to keep everything up to par.
The hotel grounds are nice and up kept, the restaurant and bar tender were very friendly. And breakfast was hot and you can also choose from a menu and they will make your eggs fresh for you. The rooms were nice and ample amount of room. Balcony was clean and easy to open the door. The best part your right along the ocean. Thank Oceanside-21st Holiday Inn. I really appreciate your kindness and hospitality. I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Endlessthoughts

Thanks so much for continuing to stay with us for your beach vacation! We appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I never write reviews. But i'm going to write this one.

Issues with Hotel Room including:
1) spotted bugs on more than one occasion including a spider
2) coffee maker didn't work. They replaced it with "apparently" a new one and that didn't work
3) Wall Lamp doesn't work

Issues with Common Courteous:
1) The first floor hallway by the pool has an endless amount of gigantic linen/towel holders. These things are huge rollers. You are unable to walk by them with a backpack chair and I have a stroller so you had to get tricky to get by them. These were here 24 hours a day 7 days week and it looked like this place was under construction. I told the lady that they were there all day and she fired back and said no they weren't. She said they just put them there. I told her that they switch out and everytime I get out of my room they are there and I can't get out.

Issues with indoor Pool:
1) EXTREMELY small
2) 75% Chlorine and 25% Water. Your eyes start itching when you are not even in the pool. Poor ventilation.

Location:
1) Location is pretty money... Seconds from the beach but you can get that at any one of the hotels on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
holiday inn o, Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

We apologize for the issues you encountered as those are not our standards. We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to approve and correct any issues. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice room. Customer service was wonderful. Room very clean. Only problem was tv kept saying channel wasn't available but as soon as I called about it they were on the job and fixing the problem. They have a restaurant right in the lobby prices are reasonable. The restaurant name is Hemingway.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank reesespieces37

We are glad our staff were able to assist and correct any issues you had in a timely manor. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a week in June 2018 to celebrate our 10-year wedding Anniversay. First vacation away from our 20 year old boys in the 15 years we've been together. What an amazing time we had. The Sandy beach is literally steps away from the hotel door. Just over the boardwalk that spans the beach. We had found so many little eateries that had cheap, spectacular food and service. 21st Street Raw Bar, CP Shuckers, Doc Taylor's, Tautogs, Oceanfront Bar with live entertainment every night I erlooking the beach...oh this was an amazing trip. Our very first night we got tickets to see Cole Swindell (country music star) right on the beach. We parked our car on Sunday morning when we arrived and never touched the car again until Saturday when we left. We walked everywhere because we could! Everything is that close here. Can't wait to come back and do it all again. My only gripe was our "Welcome Ammenity" of a free drink....we could only choose a well drink/wine or domestic beer. This was a first for us. I wanted a Jack-n-Coke and had to settle for a Yeungling...not a fan. A craft brew would have been way better. Please fix this "perk" for us IHG Members. Loved it here. We didnt mind the Fighter Jets flying over on the regular every day. It was amazing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard M

We are glad to hear all about your amazing experience here at Oceanside. We hope you come back to celebrate many more annaversaries to come!