“Good food”

The Virginia Street Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Urbanna
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here. Food was really good and satisfying. Wait staff was very nice. Would definitely recommend this place. It was actually the only place open during the week when we went but we were glad we did.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Great late lunch, everything fresh and delicious! Fried oysters were a hit! Every other restaurant was closed on Monday

Reviewed 18 December 2016

A group of 12 of us went for breakfast / lunch after spending the night at The Chesapeake Inn after a wedding. The waitress was friendly & our son went and talked to some of the locals, who were munching out at a table of their own, behind the checkout area. My husband ordered Western Omelet, and was asked if he wanted sausage or what. He thought it would be in the omelet, but it was on the side. My son & I got the buffet. We had orange juice, tomato juice, eggs, yogurt, bacon, French Toast sticks, grits. Everything was good, and we were full. I had previously ordered Orange Juice, but didn't realize that it was on the buffet. Otherwise, I would have gotten it there. The real surprise was the Sweet Potato muffin, which was unique & delicious! If I hadn't been so full, I would have loved to eat another one !!! There were t-shirts for sale, but we didn't get any. This is a great spot where the locals eat, which was apparent, since a guy in pajama bottoms was running around chasing his toddler, who was also in pajamas. This was interesting, but didn't bother me... in a way, it was kinda cute! Would go back again. My husband had asked the waitress for the entire table's check, but she gave each group their check, then he reimbursed them.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We were driving back home from the beach and wanted to try another spot that was closed. We had a very good experience. The French dip and hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes was good. It needed a little more seasoning but was a perfect option. The service was that southern hospitality. Thank you for serving real brewed sweet tea.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

This is basically the only restaurant open on Sunday nights. We had never been so figured we'd give it a try. To be blunt, it simply doesn't measure up to the other restaurants. It's basically a fried seafood place. The service was great, and the food was decent if that is what you like, but unless you are a fan of fried seafood there are better options. You do get a lot of food for the money, and the fact that you get three side dishes or a trip to the salad bar and one side dish with each meal was pretty good