“Still good ”

Founding Farmers- Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers- Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founding Farmers Tysons is a farmer owned restaurant that offers fresh food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch with ingredients sourced from near and far, from sources we trust, in a modern farmhouse setting. The bar is not to be missed, offering delicious scratch sodas, craft cocktails, and an all Virginia draught beer list; we'll have just the thing to quench your thirst. Approximately 30% of the menu includes items inspired by the culinary traditions of Virginia in a modern way. Weekend brunch at Founding Farmers Tysons is BUFFET style, with a wide array of breakfast, lunch, salad, entree, and dessert options.
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Concerned chain expansion would degrade quality...not the case. Loud and busy at lunch, buy good service gets the job done. Concept still stands the test of time and probably better than most imitators

Date of visit: August 2018
Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi Carl,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback and review Founding Farmers Tysons. Even though we are expanding, we will always stay true to our value's and ultimately uphold quality over quantity. I sincerely hope we can have you back for more and please know we count on your support to be the best. Have a great rest of your week!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The best food ever! I am pretty sure that whatever you order would be good. I had filet mignon, green beans, mashed potatoes, and the BEST biscuits. Service was outstanding.

Date of visit: August 2018
Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi Kim,

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to write and review Founding Farmers Tysons. "The best food ever" is something we always love to hear and I am thrilled your experience was worthy of 5-stars! Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope we can have you back for more. Have a great rest of your week!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Drove out from DC as it was a rainy day and read this location had a parking garage and also valet. Very convenient as other locations in the city lack such. Food was great and enjoyed the apple pie, which I got with chocolate ice cream! The best. This was a Thurs. evening so lots of folks at the bar and tables too so it was a bit noisy. Overall a very pleasant outing and I’ll be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to share your experience and review Founding Farmers Tysons. I am thrilled we were able to provide a delicious meal that will keep you coming back for more. We really appreciate your feedback and I hope we can have you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Tried this place out for the first time and thought I’d go with something healthy. Poke Bowl was terrible unless your idea of good is a large bowl of cabbage and onions and a few tiny cubes of tuna buried somewhere at the bottom. Business associate said the place is jammed for brunch, needing almost 2 months to get a reservation. Chicken on a Donut is supposed to be the go to.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to share your feedback and review Founding Farmers DC. I am so sorry to hear your Ahi Tuna Salad left much to be desired during your visit. We always want you to be met with a delicious and hearty scratch-made meal every time. In the future, please do not hesitate to let your server or the manager know if anything can be improved. While we have you in the restaurant, we would be more than happy to correct any issues or remake a dish to perfection. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I would love to connect to make this up to you. If you are willing, feel free to reach out to me at Sadao@farmersrestaurantgroup.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

As you can see from the amount of the reviews that I've written, I travel and eat out. I went to Founding Fathers with friends because they live here in Virginia. We had 5:15 reservations. If you don't have reservations you're going to be waiting a long time. We were immediately seated and Lily was our server. I know she might've been busy that night but she was very rude and did not pay attention to our table. I'm lactose intolerant and gluten free. ( Good luck) There wasn't much on the menu that I could eat. I decided on asking for gnocchi with Bolognese. Unfortunately the gnocchi wasn't made 100% with potatoes. It was mixed with flour. Who does that? I ended up having the ribeye. It came with potato and string beans. I asked Lily "if instead of the string beans in oil can I just have them steamed?" She immediately said "no, we don't have a steamer." I asked
" instead of the mashed potatoes which definitely have butter and milk in them may I please have french fries?" When our meals came out to our table we never saw a Lily again. I did not receive my french fries until half my meal was finished. I had to wave down another wait person. Scott, the manager, came over afterwards to see if everything was OK. Once Lily knew I spoke with the manager and other waitstaff, she came to the table and totally ignored me. I would not return to this place.

2  Thank MonicaK614
Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers- Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Monica,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback and review Founding Farmers Tysons. I am SO sorry to hear your recent visit yielded unfavorable encounters with your server. We take great pride in the hiring and training of our staff to bring on the charm and guide our guests through a seamless dining experience. I am so bummed this was not the case during your visit and I can assure you it is certainly not the norm, however, I am glad Scott took the time to make sure everything was okay. We surely do not want rude service to keep you away from having a great time with friends and enjoying a delicious meal. I would love to connect and make this up to you. If you are willing to continue the conversation, feel free to reach out to me at Sadao@farmersrestaurantgroup.com. We want another shot to show you we are capable of so much more. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope we can win you back.